Sign in to follow this  
MrsGryn

Angela Rummans - Wrong 99% of the time...still better than the Hive - Evicted 14th

angelmi   

Maybe her family is rich, I just saw it on the internet, her family put her in gymnastics and she could had done Olympics then on to model and the internet business on the side.  Drives a Range Rover,  I told you I sound like Rockstar but everything I read about her is she is rich.  I know that does not mean she does not mean she does not deserve to win this game just saying because we like all the info on our fame whores.  

I grew up in sports from the age of 5 from peewee through college sports so I view Angela through those experiences and see her as more competitive than this mean girl.  As a competitor this is a game  and you take things more one on one. The things RockStar said about Angela, she took personal and when you are a competitive person its hard not letting that person know about it. To me a mean person is all about attacking someone personal, and I just dont see that from Angela. Those that attack a person for what they have, what they earned. Those are the real mean people.  Angela is just a woman that played competitive sports all her life and in that context it's harder to set that aside when it's one on one. Also as a goal focus person sometimes its easy to come off cold and uncaring because of that drive.  But the more you let people in and the closer they get that other side (softer side) comes out .

Edited by Fly on the wall

krb428   

I feel for Angela. Her story about being pressured to devote her life to gymnastics was very sad to me. It sounds like she wasn't properly socialized and never really got over the loneliness. No wonder she doesn't act "right" around people. 

I have a keen sense of smell too, and she's right; it's not a happy superpower. I live in a large city, and it essentially smells like death/rot (birds, rats, etc.) and car exhaust at all times. I can have my face buried in a lilac bush and smell lilac, death, and exhaust (and whatever else happens to be nearby). And riding a bus or train is never fun: I'm either going to be gagging on perfume/cologne or nasty body odors unless I bury my nose in my sweater, which of course gives the wrong impression to anyone nearby. It actually sucks, and it affects you every single day of your life—all stuffed up with a head cold or not! Even that doesn't blot out the scents. (And don't even get me started on melon, the smell of which is not at all unlike vomit.) And when you tell a doctor about it, you have about a 50% chance of them referring you to a psychologist, so you eventually just stop talking about it lest everyone think you're nuts. It's kind of a no-win situation. Again, I feel for Angela! I feel like I understand her on some level now.

We have seen truly mean people in the house in the past.  People have great love for Victor now, but I remember switching off the feeds frequently when Victor, Paul, and Paulie got going.  I thought Rockhead was meaner than Angela.

if she does drive a Range Rover and run an Etsy business, I solute her industriousness. At least she isn’t being like Paul and Swaggy, who never missed an opportunity to use B.B. to promote their own interests outside the house.

To me, Angela is the male Cody.  Through training (hers was elite sports and his was military) they learned to process life primarily outside of emotions.  And, I'll never buy into whether someone deserves to win a game based upon their bank accounts outside the game.  That's just not how competition works, unless you're the Yankees.  

Most of these contestants over the years aren't exactly destitute. Plenty have managed to be able to walk away from their job for an unknown amount of time, or just quit all together. And a shit ton have been bankrolled by the bank of mom and dad. Who knows, maybe Angela lives in the tiniest apartment known to man with 3 roommates and eats nothing but ramen with ketchup packets she takes from the gas station to be able to afford that Range Rover. Or maybe her parents had money saved for college for her and then when she got an athletic scholarship, they gave the money to her after she graduated. Or, she could just be good with money. Or she's in debt over her head and the Rover's being repoed as we speak. If she had gone is saying she was a lawyer and had a Rover, I doubt she'd be getting the same crap from the house about it. 

tlh9   

I thought she'd said at one point that the Rover was her mom's?

Not that it should have any effect on if she should win BB or not, only how well she plays the game should matter for that.

zclue   

It seems as though many (not all) of this new generation believe that a parent's money = the child's money, even after that child is an adult. So if Angela's parents are well off, then naturally she is too. Whatever. Income isn't a determining factor for who is chosen to play the game, so it shouldn't be a factor in who wins.