Sign in to follow this  
MrsGryn

Daniele II

Minxy   

Last night's episode sealed my Daniele hatred. She's just as bad as her father.

sbell111   
I understand what you mean, but I have to believe that the money will be the worst thing that will happen to her. It was said back in the Waamber thread that a little money will help her and a lot of money will destroy her. I think that with DaniSpawn's maturity level, the same holds true.
Unlike my opinion in the Amber thread, I don't think that $500k will destroy Dani. She'll burn through it in a month or so and be back at Hooters.
Can you picture a completely immature, self-centered 21 year old with a ton of money to burn? I foresee some really bad plastic surgery, a few frivolous purchases and "poof" all the money is gone. Didn't she says at some point in the live feeds that she may be homeless (if her BF kicked her out)? I don't think DaniSpawn will make the smart move and invest in some real estate. Maybe she can live in whatever flashy car she decides to throw her money away on.
As much as I wish she would at least spend it on a tiny condo, I doubt she would. Given the cost of real estate in her immediate area, I think that she'll either waste in other areas or use it as a down payment on some real estate that will be foreclosed on in six months to a year.

I think that if she wins the 500K, and doesn't split it with Dick, she's going to spend a majority of the money on attorneys fees fighting the lawsuit he's going to file. Because when he doesn't get what he believes is his rightful share, the battle will be on. Even if he wins the 2nd place money, I know he believes that her win will also be his win. He's said way too many times in the last few days that "we've done it - we've won the money!"

I think it's possible that they've made a deal to split any winnings, but when it really comes time and if she wins the whole thing, I can't see her sticking with that deal. Because, you know, it would be soooooooooooo unfaaaaaaaaaaaiirrrrrr.

I don't think that it would cost very much to defend against that lawsuit. They have no formal agreement to share the money and it's apparently contrary to their contracts with BB. Edited by sbell111

tremolo   
As much as I wish she would at least spend it on a tiny condo, I doubt she would. Given the cost of real estate in her immediate area, I think that she'll either waste in other areas or use it as a down payment on some real estate that will be foreclosed on in six months to a year.

Well even Kendra from Girls Next Door (who does not seem terribly bright) has bought investment property--which is totally not a condo she will move into about 8 seconds after the show gets cancelled--so I would think Daniele might actually do something smart like buy a small house with some of her money. She's not particularly stupid, just whiny and obnoxious. Whether she has the foresight to buy something she can afford in the long term is anyone's guess.

Edited by tremolo

Minxy   

If I remember correctly from her LiveJournal, our little Dani has expensive taste. I seem to recall pics of LV bags and high end cameras that she was coveting. My guess is if she does win, she goes on one hell of a shopping binge....including bigger boobs. I don't think she has a practical bone in her tiny little skeleton.

If I remember correctly from her LiveJournal, our little Dani has expensive taste. I seem to recall pics of LV bags and high end cameras that she was coveting. My guess is if she does win, she goes on one hell of a shopping binge....including bigger boobs. I don't think she has a practical bone in her tiny little skeleton.

If she gets bigger boobs she be so top heavy that she be like a Weeble. It would be difficult to carry a bigger cup size on that stick frame of hers.

I can't say that I wouldn't go on a spending spree if I won a ton of money. I just be shopping at WalMart so I could get more stuff.

Edited by Ronnieroller

Minxy   

Oh don't get me wrong, give me half a mil and watch the retail damage I do!!! But then again, I'm not homeless like Dani, nor do I live in Diane's car! (cuz Diane and her car just never gets old!)

eshanna   

I did not think it was possible for my hatred of Danispwan to grow anymore, but she has found new ways for it to multiply exponentially. The bitchiness and attitude that emulate from her are unlike anything I have ever seen. I had to stop watching the feeds a few minutes ago with her and Zach on the couches, it was that awkward. Why is he even trying to talk to her, it's self-inflicted torture.

In all seriousness, I am kind of dreading this veto ceremony. D and D have no shame, I think it's gonna be awful.

I don't see Daniele as frivolous with the money at all. I think she's a very conservative person and by no means stupid. My guess is that Dick would blow through it a lot faster than Daniele would.

pvrunner   

I'm going to assume I'm the lone remaining Dani fan left. That's okay. I'm really okay with that.

She still played her ass off in this game. Isn't nearly as hateful as her father. Seriously, the worst I've heard is that she's whiny and she wears a bitchface. And she treats her father poorly. Well, I can be whiny and I do have a pretty spectacular bitchface (in fact, I wore it at work all day today--it was very effective in repelling idiotic questions from people who should get new jobs because they don't understand the one they have). And since we still don't know exactly why they were estranged, I just can't make myself believe that she doesn't have a reason to get all defensive and irritated when he's in her face all the time.

And come on, her comment on the show last night was pretty funny. Zach totally is that friend that you see pop up on caller ID and don't answer the phone and wait for the voicemail to see what he wanted. Who doesn't have that friend? I have several of those. They even know who they are.

SBTZMom   

If she wins, then it's her money to do with as she pleases....none of the Hamsters have said they're going to give the money to charity or start a foundation etc.. So if she wants expensive bags, plastic surgery, a 50K car I guess that's up to her. But I tend to agree with Elli...I think she is more financially conservative then we might think.

Hopefully she'll go back to school...at one point in the house she said she would like to.

I think if the whole thing with Nick works out, then maybe that will ground her a bit...he seems responsible and level headed in regards to school and career.

Will she share the money with her Dad? It would be easier for him to share with her, and not violate their BB contract, because he could give it as a legal "gift to a child" I think (at least the IRS would have no grievance with it)

Could be Zach walking awa with the money too....in that case prepare for chess playing, surfer clothing to hit the market! <wink>

ETA: PVRunner....you are not alone!

Edited by SBTZMom

pvrunner   
If she wins, then it's her money to do with as she pleases....none of the Hamsters have said they're going to give the money to charity or start a foundation etc.. So if she wants expensive bags, plastic surgery, a 50K car I guess that's up to her. But I tend to agree with Elli...I think she is more financially conservative then we might think.

Hopefully she'll go back to school...at one point in the house she said she would like to.

I think if the whole thing with Nick works out, then maybe that will ground her a bit...he seems responsible and level headed in regards to school and career.

Will she share the money with her Dad? It would be easier for him to share with her, and not violate their BB contract, because he could give it as a legal "gift to a child" I think (at least the IRS would have no grievance with it)

Could be Zach walking awa with the money too....in that case prepare for chess playing, surfer clothing to hit the market! <wink>

ETA: PVRunner....you are not alone!

Aww, I'm glad I'm not alone. *fist bumps to SBTZmom*

She's joked about buying Nick a monkey with her winnings, but in reality she's already said she wants to go back to school with the money. I believe she will. She said she really enjoyed school but had to drop out because she couldn't afford it anymore. She wanted to switch her major from photography to education. From the sounds of things she's said, she was very financially responsible. She paid all of the bills for both she and Kris. From the sounds of it, it was decided long ago that at the end of their lease, he'd move back in with his parents and she'd find a new roommate so she did know all along that she'd be homeless at the end of the show.

She also mentioned that they have no furniture in their apartment except for a rickety IKEA couch and a table because paying the bills was more important. She, like every 21-year-old girl I know likes bags and shoes (the expensive ones). And her dog wasn't cheap. But she's smart enough to cut corners elsewhere to afford those things. One thing that I think gets glossed over with her is that she is a pretty smart kid. But she is still a kid.

I also think that if she says she'll share the money with her dad, she'll do it. I don't agree with them sharing the winnings, but if that's how they choose to do it, what do I care?

Anyway, according to various interviews with Nick, he's moving to LA when the show is over and I wouldn't doubt that those two will end up living together. I agree that he'll be a very good influence on her. He's a level-headed all-around nice guy.

Edit: I have to say, this season is a first for me. I picked Dani as a favorite from week 1 and for the first time in the history of this silly show, my favorite has a real shot at the grand prize at the end. I think the key is to make sure to never put it in print. Because BB finds out and finds a way to crush my dreams.

Edited by pvrunner

Keith   

Well, I wouldn't call myself a Dani fan, per se. But, I do like her better than I like Dick. I think my dislike of Dani is about the same as my level of dislike of some of the other hamsters who were annoying, but not heinous. Dick of course, falls in the heinous category, as does Boogie, for example. Amber and Dani would more like fall in the really annoying category.

Dani, is also to me, one of those people who, under "normal" circumstances in the BB house, I wouldn't mind if she won. She'd fall into the category of people who I wouldn't necessarily like, but I would begrudgingly say, "ok, she played the game well, she does deserve the money in that respect." So, I wouldn't normally be pissed off if Dani won, even though she wouldn't have been my first choice.

However, considering the fact that she's related to Dick, I really don't want her to win...not because she's related to Dick, but because a win for Dani means a win for Dick. Even if Dick sees none of the money (though I honestly think he would see some of it...maybe not a lot, but still will). But, even if Dick sees no money, he will feel a sense of satisfaction that Dani won. I want Dick to feel no satisfaction whatsoever. So, that's why I don't want Dani to win, even though I do admit she played well and would deserve the money for that.

Sardonic   

I... honestly, I kind of like Daniele. She's spoiled and princessy, true, and when she gets into her whiny irritating "this suuuucks I haaaaate this it's not faaaaair" mood when the chips are down, I have to mute her, but she's a good athlete, and she's also a heck of a lot smarter than anyone's giving her credit for. She's definitely the best strategist of this season. I would have no problem with her winning. I think her dad's a jackass, but I don't necessarily hold that against her. Besides, after the last two appalling winners, Daniele doesn't seem so bad, now, does she?

I... honestly, I kind of like Daniele. She's spoiled and princessy, true, and when she gets into her whiny irritating "this suuuucks I haaaaate this it's not faaaaair" mood when the chips are down, I have to mute her, but she's a good athlete, and she's also a heck of a lot smarter than anyone's giving her credit for. She's definitely the best strategist of this season. I would have no problem with her winning. I think her dad's a jackass, but I don't necessarily hold that against her. Besides, after the last two appalling winners, Daniele doesn't seem so bad, now, does she?

Yes, she does seem just as bad. Not worse, but no better. The problem with her whiny mood is it's not only when the chips are down. She is almost guaranteed a win at this point and she is still bitching and moaning about how boring everything is and she can't touch the walls.

She is smart, but she's a royal pain in the ass.