Tsylyst

Julie Chen MOONVES - But First, She Wants NAMES

hefgypsy   

I thought it was very creative. She knew everyone was wondering where she stood and she was able to tell them with the addition of one name; her married name. I give her great cred for the way she chose to tell America.

not taking the me too movement lightly, but when someone says he tried to kiss me, I don't consider that assault.  Isn't that how some relationships or a person letting you know they are attracted they may attempt to kiss you. Now that is an issue.  Things sure have changed since I have been out in the world of dating and starting to like someone in more than a friend way.  On the news they said this was one of the claims, "Les tried to kiss her"

Julie has been married to Moonves for 14 years.  The allegations to date all happened before then.  So do you dump a 14 year marriage based on allegations from women who may be seen as being bitter that they didn’t get the long term relationship? 

I wont judge because I’m not in her shoes.  

I do respect that she is not making any apologies for HIS past.  She is showing that she is owning her life and making no apologies for her choices.  Does Moonves deserve it or her? Likely not, but love is like that sometimes.  

Well now, ChenBot, that was a huge FU to CBS. 

I admire the spunk and interpreted it as an "I won't go quietly.....your move, CBS" statement.  Staying with Moonves is likely not the decision I'd make, but she loudly owned her decision to remain loyal.  

My guess is CBS will have her to finish out this season and then we'll have a new host for BB21.  I think "The Talk" is toast by the end of the year.

gforce   

I think the "Brent" was just the Chenbot's autocorrect kicking in.  

If she does leave, this would be a good opportunity to completely reboot the show.   After twenty seasons, it's hard to deny the formula is becoming pretty stale.  

angelmi   

When I came to HT 12 years ago is where I first heard about the host being married to the CBS guy and that he was married when she started seeing him while he was her boss during her news days, boy is the news shows talking about that a lot this week.  I even saw his first wife and how bitter she is to our host of BB, she says she can't watch any show that Julie is on.  She got half his worth then.  Good thing Charlie Rose was not married thru all this because Harvey's ex and Matt's ex got a bunch of their income before they lost their jobs and worth.  I can't blame Julie for staying with him because everybody that is accusing says it was before his marriage to Julie but his was not all just about sexual charges he is also being charged with destroying women's careers like Janet Jackson (after super bowl nipple gate) and Joy Brown from GH/NCIS just because they were women he did not like.  Last night Julie was so strong and she has to be after 20 seasons of being called a chen bot and us making fun of her clothes.  I think every person (does not have to be a man) that used their money and power to run anything is quaking in their boots with the #metoo movement right now.  Time limits don't matter when you are accused and your job dumps you like they did Charlie/Matt/Les and new one 60 minutes boss. I do hope BB is here for many more years, it would be sad to lose Julie but I still want BB with any host. I can not imagine next summer with out since I will be free of work. 

ahab1013   

I'm hoping there's a Season 21, and if there is I'm pretty sure Chenbot will be adios. The first person I thought to be a new host to the show was Neil Patrick Harris. He famously loves the show and it's not like it's a big time commitment to host 1 hour live every Thursday he could probably work it out.

Tsylyst   

I'm also interested in what her potential departure means for the previously-ordered Season 2 of Celebrity Big Brother. A quick winter season of that could be a good time to test out potential new hosts. Or they might cancel it altogether if Julie and CBS haven't worked out something by then.

I thought of a few BB-connected replacements if Julie's out, including Ross Matthews, Marissa Jaret Winokur, even Omarosa (did I really say that?). This morning an even better one hit me: Aisha Tyler.

I could get on the PNH train, as well. 

I really wish CBS would change things up, maybe use a duo, or a team of rotating hosts. One has to admit, the show has gotten a bit stale. I have enjoyed the few new challenges this season.

Magpie   

What was that weird show years ago that was kinda BB-like, but the players were in a more prison-like atmosphere? I think it was supposed to be futuristic, and the host was a dude we didn't see.

Anyway, stick them all in a box and torture them, like that show did, even if Julie does stay. Her robot routine would be perfect for that. 

hefgypsy   
5 hours ago, Magpie said:

What was that weird show years ago that was kinda BB-like, but the players were in a more prison-like atmosphere? I think it was supposed to be futuristic, and the host was a dude we didn't see.

Anyway, stick them all in a box and torture them, like that show did, even if Julie does stay. Her robot routine would be perfect for that. 

I think it was 'The Glass House' on ABC in 2012. (Time flies.)