Tsylyst

Julie Chen MOONVES - But First, She Wants NAMES

Tsylyst   

Two things of interest to me from Julie in her latest EW interview:

http://ew.com/tv/2018/07/20/big-brother-julie-chen-family-shout-outs-diary-room

Man, there were a TON of shout-outs to friends, family, veterans, and your beauty on Thursday after the eviction votes. Have you or the producers tried in the past to stop it?
We do tell them to not to do shout outs. But the houseguests get excited and truly, what can we do about it? Who wants to be the bad guy and say don’t wish your daughter a happy birthday?!?! I mean….

Why did the producers stop using the giant key wheel? We loved how the houseguests all had to begrudgingly say “thank you, [name of HOH]” when they pulled their key out.
The wheel was heavy and low-tech and we are always trying to spruce up the show and make it more modern. The screens are a great way to do that. That being said, I agree with you and personally I miss the wheel. I loved the drama of slowly one by one granting safety to the houseguests and then the two who don’t get a key are really left there feeling iced. Game on.

Magpie   

That's cool that she addressed the wheel question. I wish they'd bring it back, for the drama reason that she stated. All the stank faces as the keys came out one by one were great.

tlh9   

I miss the key wheel too, for all the reasons listed!

Personally, I have no problem with them being goofy in the hallway.  Sometimes it's kinda dumb, yeah, but sometimes it's kinda fun, and almost tradition by now.  So okay, a dorky one, but still.

But anyway, "high-tech and modern" isn't always the most fun.  

Shannon   

I never liked them having to lug the key wheel around, never understood why it wasn't just sitting on the table or hauled around on a cart.  But yes I too miss them removing the keys one by one.

As for Julie, I don't think I have even noticed her clothes this season.

angelmi   

Watching the clips it almost killed Jerry to carry that wheel around.  They wasted too much time with HOH making the selection and putting the 2 keys in a bag in the drawer.  I like the memory wall putting up their pictures so we can see it when the feeds come back.   I did like when they voted before the live show so it could edit out the comments and the dancing down the hall on the live show, I want to get to the eviction and the HOH comp faster.   Also seeing the clips of the past 20 years how much Julie has changed in 18 years, her eye surgery really changed her face.  When she talked about it on the Talk she said she got so much hell from people that she did it to not like Chinese anymore but my daddy needed it so bad because at almost 80 his eye lips were closing so bad he could barely see and he had the prettiest blue eyes, now I see them in one son and his 2 daughters.  But Julie's clothes are always weirder then when she is just normal on the Talk.  I don't get it, just be normal not some weird fashion show.  

MrsGryn   

Even in old maternity clothes and barely combed hair in a scrunchy, Julie Chen is the Queen of the House. That exit interview with Rachel was a masterpiece.

Magpie   

I'm hoping it fired the Chenbot back up and she'll sail in next Thursday wearing one of her outlandish outfits, like a phoenix rising. 

Shannon   

I liked my Chenbot in jean pants.  And a cami worn under her big shirt, she looked like someone's mommy.  That was fun, 

angelmi   

I like her dressed casual like she does on the Talk over trying to dress over the top on BB, she put out a Tweet last week that she will stand behind Les and has been with him since 1990, and then I saw the news about him being the next one accused.  As a victim myself, I will always take the victim's sides but you have to wonder with everybody coming out of the wood work at the same time, is there no man of power not going to be accused. But I would not doubt it.  Wasn't there a lot of rumors when Julie and Les hooked up that he was married.  Maybe she used his coming onto her to trap him into a marriage so she could continue her career.  She is a smart cookie.  Her Chinese parents pushing her to have a marriage and family and she used it to make her self rich and famous.  Why else marry an old man.