Tsylyst

Julie Chen MOONVES - But First, She Wants NAMES

gforce   

I'm wondering if she mentioned she was going to do that name call out to the show's producers or if it was a surprise to them, too.   If it was unexpected, that's the kind of stuff that gets your contract not renewed.   And maybe that was her intention.   If so, it strikes me as rather unprofessional.

Many news outlets are saying that she is not returning to The Talk.  They are suppose to play a videotape message on the show today.  We shall see.

angelmi   

Julie surprised producers with the name.  Yes no more Talk for Julie, I am sure she did not like how the girls handled it the first day back.  She says she is going to prove her husband innocent sounds like OJ and take care of her son.  She will probably do the pretape today and live Thursday and the live finale and that is it for BB too.  

krb428   

angelmi, can you please explain what this means? I'm having trouble parsing little phrase stuck in the middle: sounds like OJ?

33 minutes ago, angelmi said:

She says she is going to prove her husband innocent sounds like OJ and take care of her son.

angelmi   

OJ always said he was going to prove he was innocent,  Julie said she was quitting the Talk to prove her husband was innocent of all the women that said he was guilty of using his power to get women to do things that they did not want to do.  News has been reporting things we talked about in 2000 that she was dating him while he was still married to someone else.  Then he got a divorce and married Julie.  All the charges are suppose to be before they married.  But the one I saw where Janet Jackson is accusing Leslie Moonves of her down fall from the nipple gate while promoting   Justin.  And an actress from General Hospital that went on to NCIS, was fired because of Leslie.  We only know what was said in the media and Julie intents to prove that Leslie had nothing to do with all the acts he is being accused.  We will see.  

Sexual assault is one thing but lets get one thing correct. As the boss, boss of anything, you have that right to fire a Janet Jackson, and not the other person involved.  I'm using that in a context of "anyone".   Just like if the owners of this board took offense to what one person said and not someone else even if they both basically said the same things. They have the right to ban one and not the other.  When you become the head man, well I guess it's 2018 so I should say head person.  You get to pick and choose who to hire and who to fire based on "your view" of those people.  From reading this board I get that most of us are older (no offense) and didn't grown up in a world where we have to butt into everyone else's life.  I guess twitter and facebook and other social media has gave all of those bored vindictive people a voice.  I dont put message boards where people have a discussion on these type of things in that group of "social media"

One other thing, a man that assaults people and uses his power to get what he wants dont usually stop doing that just because they get married. So lets not forget, it's not always just the person with the power that uses that to get what they want. Sometimes being young and viewed as desirable  give that person a weapon more powerful. It goes both ways.

Edited by Fly on the wall

When "your view" of those people is based on whether or not they'd fuck you (or you;d fuck them), then nope.  You don't get to fire them.

As to Julie, she can go any time as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by Mockingbird

10 minutes ago, Mockingbird said:

When "your view" of those people is based on whether or not they'd fuck you, then nope.  You don't get to fire them.

As to Julie, she can go any time as far as I'm concerned.

Sure you can fire them and it's probably happening 100 times today somewhere in small town USA. Not because they didn't fuck you but because maybe now you see the job they were doing wasn't very good in the first place and trying to get their pants off was the only reason you kept them.  It's life and will be repeated over and over till the end of time.  Just like there are some females that use their looks and body to get what they want. That will not stop today, tommoroow, nope, not till the end of time. But then again that's if you believe she was fired for not fucking him. 

Edited by Fly on the wall

MrsGryn   

If it is not about Julie Chen and BIG BROTHER, then take it to the Show Biz thread in the Entertainment forums. 

tlh9   
4 hours ago, sheri2271 said:

I may be in the minority, but I want Julie to stay.

Well, then, we're a minority of two, Sheri!  I *totally* want Julie to stay with BB.

Bebos   
1 hour ago, tlh9 said:

Well, then, we're a minority of two, Sheri!  I *totally* want Julie to stay with BB.

Me three!

Besides Julie going down with the ship, the unfortunate part was that this was her best season yet as host. She was really fired up, "I want names!!" And it was refreshing to see. See seemed more engaged, more invested.  Now, I'm sure a large part of that was The Les Situation having an emotional impact and some of that energy spilling on to the show, but I was beginning to like this newest version ChenMoonvesbot.  Too bad, just when she was beginning to show us that was human after all. 

Magpie   

I haven't seen any credible source saying that Julie is leaving BB after this season, so don't give up hope just yet! In her situation, I think BB would be loads easier to handle than a talk show where things would have to be dissected. After all, BB is just hosting, interviewing and slapping hammies upside the head. I refuse to give up on her until she DORs.