Tsylyst

Julie Chen MOONVES - But First, She Wants NAMES

Tsylyst   

There was also something called "Solitary" about a decade ago where people were locked up alone with only an Artificial Intelligence voice to communicate with.

That would be VERY Chenbot.

Magpie   

I don't know that one, @hefgypsy, but G said the one I was trying to remember ("Unan1mous"). It's a winning formula, I guess!

ETA: Exactly, Tsy! She'd be the perfect robot-y host (well she already is, but you know).

I LOVED Solitary!  I want the original robot voice back though.  She was excellent!  

I wouldn't want Julie for it though.  Part of the fun of Julie is seeing what she's wearing and saying "What the heck???"

Magpie   

Hmm that's a good point. I would really miss the weekly fashion critiques and the baby bump discussion. I'm honestly hoping she stays with the show. Sure, it's a stale formula after all these years, but she's such a huge part of the BB experience. It just wouldn't be the same without Julie.

AVorlon   

Glass House was something I always considered to be a Bib Brother rip-off. It didn't do well, and was cancelled after just one season.   I'm not sure how much of that you would want to incorporate into the current BB.  We already have a dis-embodied voice  for an announcer "previously on Big Brother!", so I'm not sure about stealing ideas from a failed show.  What does our announcer look like, anyway? Probably someone with a face for radio. 

This thread is supposed to be about Julie, so I'm going to say that she finishes up this season, and then the new guy who took over the network decides if she sticks around for the Celebrity edition.   

The real question is whether Julie wants to continue working for a network that she feels railroaded her husband.  On one hand, it would be hard to work for people she can’t trust.  On the other, would she want to give them the satisfaction of going away quietly?

tlh9   
13 hours ago, Magpie said:

Hmm that's a good point. I would really miss the weekly fashion critiques and the baby bump discussion. I'm honestly hoping she stays with the show. Sure, it's a stale formula after all these years, but she's such a huge part of the BB experience. It just wouldn't be the same without Julie.

This!!   Entirely this.

It would really feel like there was something missing from BB without Julie there.

Jenn48   

Unlike Survivor, who couldn’t survive without Jeff Probst, I always thought BB could survive without Julie. That being said, I agree she is such a huge part of BB, that it wouldn’t be the same. 

Jade   

If the next season of celebrity BB is already ordered by the network, wouldn't Julie already be attached to the project for the new winter season?

Shannon   

Unless all of his accusers are lying, how has her husband been railroaded?  Many contracts have a moral clause, mainly to use to get rid of someone.  I am guessing they are working some ways to dump her, I found her use of his last name to be rather juvenile.  I was a big fan of Chenbot, now I am deeply disappointed.  I have zero tolerance of sexual abuse, I was hoping she had some proof, something, but no, just a fuck you all.

Julie is certainly acting like she believes her husband's accounts of the events that led up to the allegations against him.  If she does believe him, then she must also think that he's being treated unfairly.