Sign in to follow this  
Tsylyst

Survivor 37: David vs Goliath

I am actively avoiding the names involved in the proposal, but I'm feeling like it's the dumbass who got banned from the reunion show for posting pics on his Instagram of him and another dumbass player before the show even started. He had to find a way to get allowed to show up. 

MrsGryn   

Recap will be here tomorrow night, because it's a work night and it's a three hour show!!

Really happy with the outcome. Nick really earned his win. 

Did I miss the proposal? I swear I walked away for like 4 minutes, but I could hear Christian talking about his 5 hour babbling to Jeff, but I didn't see a proposal. 

Hmmm.... maybe CBS fed that one particular tidbit to just one person to see if the got spoiled somehow as a test.

Nice to see Natalie was still delusional about her actions. 

I was happy to see Angelina get zero votes. Her "I had it so rough since I'm a woman" shit got really, really old. Especially since she was the only woman for what, 8 hours? And her behavior would have been called out as dick moves if she was a man. 

@nixiechick - equally as satisfying to see the rest of the tribe was still not supporting her delusions.  There's no way she hasn't heard this all her life.

How did I miss that Angelina was a married military wife?  Can't imagine dealing with her "but remember what I did for you then?" for the rest of one's life.  I have no doubt that, much like Natalie, she is exactly like that in her everyday life.  Really enjoyed watching Davie call her out on selfless acts being actually selfless rather than demanding recognition/reward for doing the act.  Davie may be my favorite guy from this season (after Christian's fire petered out at the end).  Blerd power!

What was up with Gabby being pro-Angelina?  Is it that any woman sitting in the final 3 would have received her adoration?  While I agree, and have lived my career, in the concept of women being judged/labeled for behaviors regularly accepted in males....sometimes it's really just about who played the game well.  Something tells me she's irritated by the "editing" which showed her being so dependent on Christian for strategy until her failed coup which resulted in her exit.  

gforce   

Speaking of Natalie, I loved that Jeff called her out about her bullshit “I was misrepresented in the editing” bit.  When he basically told her he was there and it was accurate, I was laughing my ass off.  

10 hours ago, copssister said:

What was up with Gabby being pro-Angelina?  Is it that any woman sitting in the final 3 would have received her adoration?  While I agree, and have lived my career, in the concept of women being judged/labeled for behaviors regularly accepted in males....sometimes it's really just about who played the game well.  Something tells me she's irritated by the "editing" which showed her being so dependent on Christian for strategy until her failed coup which resulted in her exit.  

And as pro Angelina as Gabby was, she still didn't throw her a vote, so how pro Angelina was she? It was like Gabby figured she could play it all up, make herself look pro woman and talk about how tough women have it on Survivor and in general, but yeah, just not support her enough to actually not for her. If she felt that way, she should have at least called Angelina out about something

Angelina being a military wife did really come out of no where. 

tlh9   

Angelina had mentioned that in one or two of her confessionals early-on, plus I think she told the other Survivors -- in a bragging way, unsurprisingly -- to intimate that gave her some special inside knowledge or skills or some such.

But I'd forgotten til she brought it up again at the end.

MrsGryn   

Angelina had said in an early episode that she serves in the military (something like that) and the rest of the Goliaths called her out on it by saying her husband does, not her. 

Or what tlh9 said. 

Natalie getting reamed by Probst was great. As Flo from TAR-3 said, they can only use what you give them. Natalie cannot reconcile herself to who she is as seen by the camera, which does not lie. Her self-delusion game is strong. 

Sign in to follow this