Sign in to follow this  
Tsylyst

Survivor 37: David vs Goliath

AVorlon   

I was wondering if this was the first time we've had the "loved ones" episode, but never saw  the reward they got. 

Not that I wanted to, because  I generally  find these things tiresome, much like the "remembrance walks"  the final players used to do.      

MrsGryn   

Yeah the BBQ barge was brief. The relevant moment was Davie realizing he did not necessarily want to go to the final four with Angelina, Nick, and Mike. 

AVorlon   

Saw an ad for Survivor, saying there were only two episodes left. They're going to have to clean house pretty quickly now, if it's all going to be wrapped up that soon. 

tlh9   

TWO episodes left??  Holy shit.  They want it over pre-xmas.  I don't like when it's *too* packed.

Tsylyst   

I feel like this is the normal number of people/episodes from what I've been watching the past few years. We're coming up on Episode 12 of the season.

The final, two-hour episode usually dumps the final two or three Survivors leaving a Final Three. Someone gets dumped this week making them the seventh jury member and six people left going into the finale. Three eliminated during the first 90-ish minutes next week leaving three in Final Tribal with 10 in jury. That's what it was last season, too.

Two seasons ago, there were fewer jury members, but still two eliminated in the finale and three at the final tribal.

MrsGryn   

Tsy is right - it feels fast but this is normal for how Survivor has been ending their seasons lately. Personally I prefer a final two and an extra episode but hey, at least we don't have to sit through that maudlin 'remember that guy who went home first' reminiscences that killed 15 minutes before the final immunity challenge. 

tlh9   

Yeah, I guess he is... right that is... i too would prefer an extra episode, though!  But yeah, the Tour of Torches, meh.

AVorlon   

Okay, so now we go into the final episode with everything being flushed out. No immunity idols, no fake idols, and no advantages.  But of course, there is probably still a replacement idol out there somewhere. 

I can't say that I have a favorite at this point, maybe Davie, but it's time to just sit back and see what happens.  

Well, damn - there goes the one I'd hoped to win.  Right now, my hope is Davie pulls out the win.  At least Christian is all but guaranteed the consolation "favorite" cash - and likely a return trip to a future season.  

Sign in to follow this