Sign in to follow this  
Tsylyst

Survivor 37: David vs Goliath

tlh9   

Since I'm West Coast, I saw Jak's comment and was all excited for the episode... he wasn't wrong at all!  Wow!  Loved that.  Well, except for the "saving Angelina" and "getting rid of John" part.  But the overall drama, and that Christian is still there.

gforce   

That was an awesome ending!  I wonder if it was Christian's idea to vote that way on the contingency that both targets got vetoed.  The others don't seem like that deep thinkers.  Not only did they get out a Goliath, but got out arguably the strongest one.   Well played!

MrsGryn   

I think Davie may have some game smarts. but he has been mostly off the radar. Nick is certainly bright enough to think of splitting the votes. Same with Gabby and Christian. However, it is all contingent on Davie using the idol and it seemed Nick and Carl were in on it, judging from the reactions as Probst announced who was going home. 

Davie has a "secret scene" where he sounds like he was thinking long and hard about the numbers and decided he could not let the "Davids" go down to four against to seven. He was determined to save Christian and send John home, although he would have preferred to send Dan home. I know I would have.

uaintjak   

Nick and Davie must have come up with the plan, then they either told Christian, or just told him who to vote for.  Gabby was certainly in the dark, and Carl could have gone either way.

AVorlon   

Yeah, well that pretty much sucked. John leaves because he's the number 3 person left, after the first two people both get saved by idols. Just when I was starting to like the guy.

tlh9   

I know, I like John a lot too... but it was still a brilliant move game-play wise -- well, although I don't know about Fat Swat saving stupid Angelina or whatever the hell her name is, but still.  And it made for some exciting TV! 

But yeah, I liked John a lot too.  Wouldn't be surprised if he's back for another season eventually.  He's smarter than you would think from first impressions or just "looking at the cover of the book", and funny, personable, self-aware, and self-deprecating.  

He wasn't the one I would have liked to see go, but it was brilliant gameplay, you have to give them that much. And it was an amazing blindside. 

uaintjak   

I was sad to see him go because he seemed like an awesome guy, but I was happy to see him go because it was an awesome blossom blindside and it means the Davids came to play, which bodes well for the rest of the season.