Tsylyst

BB20 House Discussion

I loved the food comps, they were fun! The whinging about slop is old and has been for years now. We get it, it's horrible. Get over it. Even dumber is the have not room. 

Baby Dancer moved up a notch in my estimation after he told Sam she needs to knock off the victim noises.  He's growing on me. Hey-o!

Beighleigh did, too, when she told Scrappy Do what a loser he is for giving himsel a nickname (she also called him Swaggy D).  Crawling under the covers with him knocked her back down.

I kind of want Sam to be evicted and win the chance to come back.  I'm hoping she's capable of winning a comp.  I'd like Steve to hang around until I decide whether I like him or not.  Oh, who am I kidding?  I know I'll hate him, but I want the chance for the hatred to take hold.

Edited by Mockingbird

Anyone else leery about this "chance" to return to the game which Sam was awarded?   Unless her opportunity occurs immediately upon eviction, and involves catching a raccoon to win, she'll be too isolated and broken mentally after any sort of sequester to be successful even if she does get back into the game.  

AVorlon   

Hmmm... I was under the impression that she could use it immediately at her eviction, and never leave the house at all.  At least until the next time she gets voted out. 

She would also have a good idea of who evicted her, and choose sides accordingly. 

ETA... I listened to it again, and it said "return to the game", not "stay in the game"., so it does sound like she would have to leave. 

Edited by AVorlon

Jenn48   

I hope Sam doesn’t have to use her power this week and they just send chain-smoking Steve home. I usually hate when the “older” competitors get picked off first, but he doesn’t have Kevin’s charm to stay much longer. And Sam is just adorable. Kaycee is sitting around complaining she has to stay in a certain room when her spinner spins, but she is still able to interact with people and has made an alliance. The robot twist really isolated Sam. I’m ready for it to be over and for Sam to be human 24/7. I think she and Tyler can team up. I really hate the other 5 people he teamed up with.

This is another case of FUG not understanding human nature.  FUG likely thought that the robot twist would simply slow The cursed person down but not stop them.  After all, the robot can go wherever and communicate, albeit at a slower rate.  FUG didn’t realize that it’s nearly impossible to form relationships with self-involved people that way.

gforce   

To be fair, it's probably nearly impossible to form relationships with these self-involved people even in person.

Sitting here watching the feeds, I've come to the realization that none of these people are all that interesting.  Not even in a "they're so awful" way.   They're just... there.

What krb428 said; I've said before how much I miss the food and luxury comps. I also wish that production would stop screwing with the game, even down to making "Swaggy" choose from entering groups. Let the relationships form organically. "Twists" don't make it more fun to watch, except when deserving houseguests get powers (Sam, Jeff) that will help to keep them in the game.

And, OGG yes, enough with the have-nots bullshit. It's so old that even production ignores them after their initial introduction to slop. Let food restrictions be the result of competition losses, not HOH choices or volunteerism. None of them is that selfless.

Big Brother really could learn something from Survivor. It may be formulaic (reward challenge, immunity challenge, rinse and repeat), but that's the beauty of it. They don't muck it up very much. (Are you listening, too, TAR? No more competitions to win to make it to the ends of already grueling legs!

(Steps down off her soapbox.)

It's our neighbors to the North that BB should be looking up to.   Clever events, high production values, worthy awards, psychological puzzles from Marsha the Moose, 

Jenn48   

The food challenges were my favorite part. Especially when they would search for food to have for the week and end up with pickles, beer, and bananas or some other crazy combination. It was fun to watch. If they have to have slop, it should be as a punishment for losing a comp not something for HOH to decide. 

Those food comps were fun.  I swear that is where Food Network got the idea for “Chopped”.  In this week’s challenge, you won canned tuna, potato chips, bananas, and tomatoes.  What can you make for dinner?

I'm onboard for the return of the food comps.  If they don't have time in the schedule to air the comp during the episodes, feature it as an online-only bonus comp to lure more viewers to their cash-cow app.  

flydance   

Totally agree. The food comps (and the resulting aftermath) were totally entertaining. Slop is not entertaining. At all.