Sign in to follow this  
MrsGryn

POLL - Visits From Home

Survivor Family Hour  

25 members have voted

1. When the Survivors have loved ones visit how does it effect you?

• I tear up or outright cry. I would miss my family too!
    • No effect. It hasn't even been a month since they have been gone!
    • A mix. I can tear up with some and sneer at others.
    • This is always the biggest waste of time, every season.
    • I would rather see whichever past contestant Probst is currently dating.
    • It was better when the loved ones had to compete to win while Survivors watched.
    • Other (see comments)

The biggest waste of time is the "memory" walk by the final 5/4/3. Just get to the final challenge/tribal/whatever. 

Tsylyst   

Where's the option to say "Scream at the TV that this is ridiculous and if I went on this show and someone from home showed up, I'd just go back to camp and chill alone in peace while everyone else acted the fool"?

Alternately, I'd take one that says "Scream at the TV that all that hugging is super gross because, seriously, when is the last time these people showered?"

I scream a lot at the TV.

Also, they used to make the loved ones compete? Now THAT might be interesting.

uaintjak   

The Loved Ones visit gave us the dead grandma strategy by Johnny Foreskin, so there's that.

Listen, I cry at Hallmark commercials.....but these adults melt down more when they see their loved ones after 20-ish days than pre-teen kids during the days prior to mobile devices who spent the summer away at camp with zero contact with their family.  Get it together, people!

MrsGryn   
3 hours ago, Tsylyst said:

Where's the option to say "Scream at the TV that this is ridiculous and if I went on this show and someone from home showed up, I'd just go back to camp and chill alone in peace while everyone else acted the fool"?

Also, they used to make the loved ones compete? Now THAT might be interesting.

That would be "Other."

Yeah, in the past the loved ones would either be the ones doing the gross eating challenge, or do the actual challenge or partner with their Survivor person, rather than sit passively to the side. A lot more potential for tension.

CazBot   

I voted for waste of time, but really it is a mix of all except option one.  Screaming at the TV is also included, as it is every episode.

It is mostly a waste of time. Now that they don't have to eat bugs to help their Survivor loved one make it through it is mostly a waste. I usually get ice cream.