Sign in to follow this  
Tsylyst

The Amazing Race - Season 31

MrsGryn   

Agreed. I liked all three of the top teams and would have been fine with any of them winning. The Afghanimals generally had a good attitude toward everyone, and treated the people they encountered with respect and joy. Korey and Tyler were good humored and obviously love the race. Colin and Christie are a great example of LEARNING from their past appearance on the show and how terrible they came across. They really worked together, kept their heads down, did not lose their shit, until the final cab ride and even then it was just Christie, not Zen Colin.

There were several episodes that I loved and actually watched again, which I hardly ever do: the Dutch canal one and the Swiss one in the canyon. Good season, especially since those sourpusses Eliza and Corrine didn't get anywhere near the winner's circle. Ungracious losers. 

gforce   

Yeah, I noticed Corinne (or was it Eliza?) did a big eye roll at the winners at the end.   Sore, sore losers.   

Based on media and social media spoilers on finale filming day in Detroit the tasks and the 99.999% outcome, I decided to say nothing here this season. But as soon as I saw the news from the Manhattan Beach startline the Colin and Christie had finally returned, I knew two things, this season would be their redemption arc and that they would win. It’s funny how many people forget what great racers they were their first time around, notwithstanding oxen, taxi drivers, and what not. The only thing one could wonder was how they would manage the 6 roadblock rule and the UTurn, both introduced after their original season. Once it was clear early on they were a strong consistent and competitive team and they’d get Christie through her share of roadblocks and overcome cows in place of oxen. I had no reason to doubt that finish.

The tasks and routes were the best TAR has had in quite a long while, and those factors overcome the reality clash silliness.

i did enjoy Rachel having to eat crow this time not having Brendon racing with here. In a normal season Bret and Chris and Victor and Nicole would have held their own, but it did serve to demonstrate that Survivor an BB aren’t the pressure cooker TAR is.