Sign in to follow this  
MrsGryn

Morgan Ricke - Naviti - Eliminated third

MrsGryn   

Photo and info courtesy of CBS.com

image.png

Hometown: New Albany, Indiana
Current residence: Orlando, Florida

Hobbies: Sleeping, cheering for the South Carolina Gamecocks, and binge watching true crime documentaries.

Pet peeves: Feet, cold weather, and a shortage of ketchup.

Three words to describe you: Bubbly, stubborn, and determined.

What's your personal claim to fame?
Accomplishing my childhood dream of becoming a killer whale trainer at SeaWorld Orlando!

Who or what is your inspiration in life?
My parents. They have been married for 32 years and have raised five successful, happy, and healthy children. They have stuck by each other's side through all the ups and downs over the years and have never given up on one another!

If you could have three things on the island, what would they be and why?
Lip balm—I'm addicted—a space heater to keep me warm, and a super comfy pair of sweatpants.

Which Survivor contestant are you most like?
Kelley Wentworth. She was strategic, strong, sneaky, and a fighter. She wasn't afraid to make big moves. She played her own game and didn't hide in anyone's shadow.

What's your reason for being on Survivor?
It has always been one of my dreams to be on Survivor. I have been a fan of the show since Season 2 and I know I have what it takes to be the Sole Survivor. Additionally, I would love to see a new part of the world and a million dollars wouldn't be bad either.

Why do you think you'll "survive" Survivor?
Being resilient, strong, and fearless are nice traits that should translate well on the island. For example, at a younger age I was a competitive gymnast on the national level and sustained a career-ending injury. Doctors told me I would never compete again as a gymnast, nor play other sports. Fortunately, in high school, I went to state finals in volleyball and diving and then earned a D1 diving scholarship to the University of South Carolina. Go Gamecocks!

AVorlon   

Buh bye, Morgan, we hardly got to know you. You got a Legacy Advantage for some arbitrary reason from Jacob, but it turns out to be cursed.  May it still be cursed now that Domenick has it .

Edited by AVorlon

MrsGryn   

She got the Legacy advantage from Jacob because she hid from Probst that first morning on the beach and he said the tribe needed a puzzle solver. Morgan was the only one who stood out. 

MrsGryn   

This is from Morgan's interview at cbs.com, which should answer some questions. Apparently James hates women. 

Why do you think you wound up in the crosshairs of the new tribe?

Morgan: Well, having been back for eight months and rehashing things with people, I feel like I was the glue that would have held Naviti together.

Honestly, I was super strong with Dom and Wendell, but as far as the connection that I had with everyone—Chris and I talked, Angela and I talked—and when Chris was coming back from Ghost Island, they thought that maybe I could repair that bond between Chris and Domenick.

I think that's ultimately why I went home. I know I was a physical threat as well. James and Laurel were the people that threw my name out there. They saw me in challenges, and I did great.

James obviously had some trouble pulling the lever [under water] and had trouble getting across the latest challenge, the six steps, where I got it on the first try. Everything I did I got it on the first try.

So whether James felt threatened by a female, or he just wasn't as strong physically and socially, I think they voted me out because I'm strong in the game and I wasn't just this person that was weak and doing absolutely nothing. [Laughs]

Here is a link to the whole interview.  I have to say she does not come off too well in the interview, at least not to my mind.