Sign in to follow this  
MrsGryn

Mark McGrath - Beige In Color, Beige In Personality

MrsGryn   

Mark McGrath

Mark McGrath

Hometown: Newport Beach, California
Current city: Studio City, California

Three adjectives that describe you: Irish, spaz, and needy.

Favorite activities: Hanging with my kids, playing guitar, and running.

What do you think will be the most difficult part of living inside the Big Brother house? 
Being away from my family, no doubt. Also, trying to sleep without earbuds because of my tinnitus, better known as ringing in my ears.

What moment in your career do you think prepared you to live in the Big Brother house? 
Being in a band on tour with some erratic personalities, in the small confines of a tour bus, for months at a time... for the last 25 years!

Which past Big Brother cast member did you like most? 
Of course the legends, Boogie and Evel Dick… but BB19 was strong with Cody and Jessica, and of course bringing Paul back. But my favorite ever was the Beantown legend and fellow hair streaker, Kevin… love that guy!

Do you have a strategy for winning the game? 
Since this is a truncated, expedited version of the game, playing the wall might not be the best strategy. Hearts are gonna be broken early and there's nowhere to hide. So I figure you might as well come in hot!

My life's motto is… 
"Just be nice." - Dalton Lee from the classic movie Roadhouse.

What would you take into the house and why? 
Guitar. I might as well write a few songs while I'm there since I'm sure there'll be a ton of inspiration!

Fun facts about yourself: 
- Three time Rock & Roll Jeopardy! champion.
- Once shot a half court shot at a Laker game at halftime for $50,000 with Jack Nicholson watching… I missed badly.
- Proud USC alumni.

krb428   

Prediction: He will be the most chill with others (see: what he said about touring by bus for decades), so he won't be.

tlh9   

Who's Brandi?  Who's this guy?  He sounds okay though.

Ah.  Sugar Ray.  I've kinda heard of them.

Edited by tlh9

tooletta   

Damn it.  I love Mark.  I was a fan of Sugar Ray in the late 80's.  He's always seemed genuinely nice to me.   I can even overlook *some* bad plastic surgery.  

BUT,  Booger, DICK, Cody, Jessica, and Paul cross the line.  You can fuck right off, Mark McGrath!

ff174   

The only reason I know this guy is because he was on an episode of Las Vegas.

Other than that, I got nothing.

tlh9   

Sugar Ray is from the 80's?  That long ago?  Wow.  Hmmm.

First, he used the words "truncated" and "expedited" as if those words are normal parts of his vocabulary which is shocking for a hamster. 

Second, I love that he quoted Roadhouse. That's one of my favorite quotes, actually. Not sure who typed it but the proper use of quotation marks and the italics are endearing. 

Loved him on Rock and Roll Jeopardy! 

I think he has a really strong understanding of who he is in the Pop Culture heirarchy, and how he has basically lucked into a career past Top 40 radio because he's a charming, charismatic, easy - going handsome guy who gets the silliness and shallowness of Hollywood.   He should bring a lot of snarky side eye to the proceedings, along with Ross, too.

They did write some catchy songs.   Falls Apart is probably my personal favorite.

krb428   

He's working for me (and I agree with forever1267 all the way). I'd like to see him in final two with Shannon. Ha, that's bound to change.