Sign in to follow this  
MrsGryn

Ross Matthews - America's Favorite Player *Celebrity Edition

MrsGryn   

Julie seems to genuinely like him, too. She's not as formally robotic during interactions with Ross.

tlh9   

He's one of those people, it seems like, where how could you not?  Even if you are a bot. 

Ross was on air commenting and tweeting during one of the red carpet shows on E!  I tweeted about one of the comments he made, and he tweeted me back (called me honey).  I was ridiculously happy and still thrilled about it.  I really need to get out more.

tlh9   

omg!  I think I would also be ridiculously happy and still thrilled if he tweeted me back, too, and especially if he called me honey, so you're not alone.

Magpie   

I think that winning America's Favorite probably meant more to him than winning BB itself would have.

krb428   

For sure, I agree, Magpie. Now he's certain he wasn't perceived as the villain of the season like he'd feared. As if! He is made of sweetness (with just a little salt to make it interesting), emotional maturity, and integrity, it seems. I sort of hope that the summer cast study his restraint and the way he immediately jumps out of the way when others start flinging poo and at least try to emulate him.

Shannon   

Ross, you were robbed, but that seems to be how BB has been structured the last several years.

SBTZMom   

Why was Omarosa allowed to "confer" with everyone on the jury, while sitting right there in front of us? They should have discounted her vote at least. 

Ross was robbed! (Although I am sure getting around is easier for him now, without Marissa on his coatails)

chrysana   

I thought Ross should have won.  He would have had my vote as winner for playing the best game. 

I think the jury (Oma) started talking and while Julie tried to shut it down...that's kinda hard to do with a live audience.  Regardless of what Oma said/dictated, the HGs still had the ability to vote how they wanted and could have disregarded her comments/wishes.  Julie has said in interviews that the human emotion part of the game is driving the final voting...look at the last two summer camp seasons. 

I think Ross was over-the-moon at winning AFP. 

Marissa played a decent game.  She won when she needed to and allowed Ross to look like the bad guy when she could.  With a woman-heavy jury and big bully Omarosa dictating that a woman should win, Ross didn’t stand a chance.

I have to wonder if she would have won against Mark.  The jury was super bitter against Ross and Marissa to the point where even Omar’s bullying probably wouldn’t work.

Ross  should be happy with the results though.  He has more fans than ever, and, unlike the usual hamster, this likely will lead to more opportunities for him.  

I agree, CripesAlmighty.  After a few days to reflect, while the sting remains, Ross may have actually won more from this stint than a $250,000 prize.  I imagine that the majority of America hadn't uttered his name in half a decade.  His appearance (would "performance" be too much?) and win as America's Favorite Hammie certainly helped his brand and, OGG-willing, we'll see more from him on BB and beyond.  

Jade   

It seems like he'd be a good choice to do the interviews that Jeff used to do.... or has someone already claimed that role?