Sign in to follow this  
Tsylyst

Survivor 36: Ghost Island

MrsGryn   

That seems to be a comfortable position for her. She did, however, bring up voting out muscle over weakness as a way to surprise the original Malolo, and that actually worked. Also it was Desiree who brought up the possibility of the other four having an immunity idol, which was dismissed out of hand. 

MrsGryn   

After last week's excitement, this episode felt like one of those filler episodes cobbled together with scraps from the cutting room floor. The herculean effort to create drama on Malolo's post-immunity loss was heroic. 

I kind of love that next week's tribe shuffle is going to negate the power disparity.

AVorlon   

It's always a good time for a merge when things start to get lopsided like they are now. Does this even things out? I can't keep track of everyone's original tribe now, or why they seem to be so driven by that in the first place. If only we had someone who could break it down... Heh.

Edited by AVorlon

tlh9   

I never understand the blind "original tribe" loyalty either!  I mean, if you've truly forged a tight bond/alliance with someone, fine... but if you're only "allied" because of the original luck-of-the-draw, then, geeze.

Are these morons just following the blind leading the blind - or were they told they had to smash the Ghost Island clay thingamabob in next-in-line order - can they only smash the next available urn?   It surely seems like it should be up to their random selection, no?  

tlh9   

I've wondered that, too, about the urn-smashing... there's never been any rules posted or stated to *us* anyway.

MrsGryn   

They get instructions to smash in order. We haven't seen that but Dalton Ross on EW.com has confirmed that's the case. 

NOOOOOO!!! According to RealityBlurred.com:

I’m burying the lead here: The cast received their bathing suits! That means no more underwear, and no more wet underwear.

This will thrill some viewers, and has brought a tear to the eyes of the rest of us, as now the show is at least 50 percent less stimulating to watch.

Their glutes are the only watchable redeeming quality some of these asses have!

If they wanted to make this policy, they should have done it on droopy-drawers-Philip’s season.

Edited by ShyLurkerGuy

angelmi   

New clothes after looking at the back of that yellow bikini bottom last night during the trade,  the front was gross enough.  

tlh9   

We were wondering the same thing about not sending someone to Ghost Island to smash a mini-urn... also noticed that every single guy was wearing swim trunks instead of just underwear!

Why did they just now suddenly decide to let them have swimwear, which I'm sure they had brought with them in the first place?

And yeah ~ wish they'd done that in the season of Phillip Pink Panties... geezus.

MrsGryn   

I know what you mean about those yellow bottoms, angelmi. I'm grateful for the bathing suits!

AVorlon   

Smashing those things in order on Ghost Island is a horrible idea, since it exposes production to favoritism, and giving advantages to whomever they choose. I was happy to see no one went to the island this episode.

Maybe they should just call it production interference island.   

AVorlon   

So now we get to the merge, and everything goes back to the alpha males, Chris and Dominick, battling it out. This was the first episode where I actually thought Dominick was a reasonable, articulate person. I'm sure he'll prove me wrong pretty soon, but until then Chris is an insufferable, self-satisfied, egotistic bore who needs to go.  Did you hear that he's a male model? You can't tell anyone, because everyone would find that way too intimidating.