Sign in to follow this  
Tsylyst

Survivor 36: Ghost Island

gforce   

Agreed.  And every time they send someone to Ghost Island, I’m like, “oh yeah, that.”  And that’s supposed to be the central theme of the season.  It was like BB’s annual “themes” which are all but abandoned after week 3. 

MrsGryn   

I haven't minded this season, as I like all new contestants. Ghost Island was probably better in the planning than in the actual execution and the Survivors thwarted them by picking rocks almost every time.

My big complaint, and it is a big gripe, is the constant tribe switching. First, that just doomed the Malolos who kept getting the short end of the straw with the random shuffles. Second, it made it really difficult to follow who was who, to remember names and alliances and all that stuff I enjoy about Survivor. Even Dalton Ross on EW.com has mentioned it as a problem, and he meets all the Survivors ahead of time and spends time while the show is filming, so if HE has issues, what chance do we mere mortals have? 

There have been some good players this season, Dom and Wendell particularly have lucked into a partnership. Rappin' Chris Noble was recapping gold, which was awesome. It was easy to relate to Kellyn for me since she wears her emotions on her sleeve. I have no poker face, either. Michael is welcome any time, any place as far as I'm concerned. I think Laurel has been a smart player, up until she passed on the opportunity to take out Wendell. 

uaintjak   

Laurel has passed multiple times.  She's a shitty player who wants to go to the end with her friends, that even she admits she can't beat.  No more of her, please and thank you.

I don't mind the tribe switches.  It shakes things up and had things been different, the Malolo minority could have dominated one or more of the new tribes.

MrsGryn   

Thank you! I agree with you, it was an okay season. Not my favorite by a long shot, but I'm happy enough with the winner. Dom was flashier but Wendell was steady through the whole thing and kept the social connections strong. He also won challenges when he needed to, including that final fire making challenge. 

I suspect if Dom had done the fire thing and won, he would be a Survivor Legend, but at least he kept us from having Angela in the final three. I can appreciate that.

tlh9   

My Aunt and I were hoping that Dom would, just for the spectacle of it all.  

Personally I like Wendell and am happy he won... and, I really enjoyed this season for some reason.

That reason may have a lot to do with Michael. 
But I liked some of the others, too, in one way or another...