Sign in to follow this  
Tsylyst

Survivor 36: Ghost Island

Tsylyst   

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Tell us about the Ghost Island theme, what it means, and how it can impact the game.
JEFF PROBST: Ghost Island represents all the bad decisions made by former players. Think of it as the graveyard for Survivor mistakes. We found a really creepy island that serves as Ghost Island and we designed it using actual Survivor items from previous seasons. For instance, castaways who spend the night on Ghost Island will sleep underneath the 35 previous torch snuffers. So as they drift off, they are reminded that one mistake can mean your death in the game. And every idol or advantage in the game will be from a previous season. These are the actual, authentic items from past seasons.

Tracking those down was a feat in and of itself. And every item is famous for being played incorrectly. The conceit is those items are haunted and have been living on Ghost Island. The new players will have the chance to reverse the curse and play them properly… or suffer the same fate. It’s a very big idea and a big swing creatively. 

http://ew.com/tv/2017/12/20/survivor-ghost-island-jeff-probst-season-36/

Oh, yes, the logo is inventive, and I adore the fact that there will be no returnees or pigeonholes to define the tribes.

Jeff's description is intriguing; I wonder if Ghost Island is another form of Redemption Island, or if castaways will discover the sniffers and idols in the trees around their camps.

As Magpie (*waves to Magpie*) said, it's got promise after this season, so I'll be around to watch, too.

Just be careful with the twists, Survivor; don't go all FUG on us.

I see Mom made it on one team and Dad is on the other. These people are young, young, young. How is it I'm the same age as Mom and Dad and I'm feeling ancient and their pain in dealing with all the children already?