Sign in to follow this  
MrsGryn

Simone Nguyen - Yawa: Hustler - Eliminated Week 2

MrsGryn   

Simone Nguyen

Photo and bio info courtesy of CBS.com

Hometown: Worcester, Mass.
Current Residence: New York City

Hobbies: Volunteering, yoga, and complaining.

Pet peeves: I dislike people who lack self-awareness.

Three words to describe you: Expressive, loyal, and ambitious.

What's your personal claim to fame?
I don't really have one, but I'm proud of the fact that I earned full rides to Columbia, Harvard, and Tufts.

Who or what is your inspiration in life?
My mentor and friend Susan Shin, a successful businesswoman and attorney in NYC. You would never know the struggles or experiences she has had in life by looking at her. Not only is she one of the most talented people that you could meet, she is also one of the kindest.

If you could have three things on the island, what would they be and why?
I would bring a journal, my red Vietnamese blanket, and Chapstick.

Which Survivor contestant are you most like?
Tai from Koah Rong, because I'm like bamboo in the wind, and Michaela from Millennials vs. Gen-X, because I enjoy judging everyone.

What's your reason for being on Survivor?
I wanted a change... for like a month.

Why do you think you'll "survive" Survivor?
I have good luck and I'm unafraid to make consequential decisions that affect everyone's game.

AVorlon   

So she enjoys judging everyone? Well, you're a little bit pudgy going in, but  a few weeks should take care of that. 

She's the sort of person I get attracted to, so I hope she's not a flake. 

MrsGryn   

She's from my dad's hometown so I may need to start out in her corner. I'm going to need a job definition of "diversity advocate" however. 

Judging people from afar is totally in the HT wheelhouse, so good for her.

uaintjak   

I predict she's good on paper and a total nonentity flop on the actual show.

tlh9   

I just find it kind of amusing that she's a "Diversity Advocate" who has fun judging everybody.  Ha!

CazBot   

Congrats on pooping!

10 siblings!  But she is still that whiny!?

She "read up" on gutting a fish... and succeeded!  Way to go!

You know,,, before she goes... bye, girl.

MrsGryn   

We dodged a bullet with this one and her whiny annoying voice. Yes, there are giant bugs in the tropics. Plus the outdoors is not air conditioned. Who knew?

Jade   

What exactly were they saying about the "aqua dump" or whatever it was they called it?  Are they saying they poop in the water? Are they turning a beautifully exotic island into their own personal toilet? If so, eww.

tlh9   

Yep, that's exactly what they meant.  I've read other articles (I think linked from here) that they all do that.  Like, that's a thing.

And then people go swimming, bathing, fishing, etc... yeah.  

Considering production has to go through and clean up the campsites entirely upon completion of filming, I'm sure they encourage going in the ocean to going on the land. First you have the problem of having to build a toilet, then there's the problem of cleaning up after yourself after (since they won't be giving you TP). The Ocean is probably preferable just there.

uaintjak   

Honestly, given a choice between aqua pooping and squatting over a smelly hole in the ground, the crystal waters of Fiji are getting my gift every time.

Besides, barring a win at a challenge, you're on starvation rations with very little fiber for 39 days. If you make business, you're not making much.

Back on subject, Simone was too clueless for this game but at least she realized she was on the bottom and tried something. Just... kinda sucked at it.

Edited by dc20willsave

tlh9   

Geezus... first all the tampon talk and now all the shit talk.

Anyway, Simone *was* indeed pretty clueless, about a *lot* of things, not just the game.  And, yeah, kinda sucked.  I was hoping for more/better.

Sign in to follow this