Sign in to follow this  
Magpie

General House Analysis and Discussion V

Did anyone notice on the CBS polls that D-ick's popularity went down and Jen's shot up after Cigarette-gate? It was between episodes 20 and 21, correct?

Odd, that. I haven't seen the broadcast yet, but I guess it was edited almost fairly?

Dick's stock has been going down for the past two episodes.

What's really weird is seeing how popular SisterJAM! used to be.

I sincerely hope Dick goes home soon, because I want to see how the mood in the house shifts without his presence. That will help me understand if it's something innate in this crop of hammies that's spiteful or if it's his influence that's taken the tone much harsher than past seasons.

How do you suppose the Branch Davidians would have done if David Koresh left? Sadly, he's not going anywhere. He's becoming a cult of personality. I wouldn't be shocked if BB printed up larger than life billboards and statues and put them in and around the house.

I sincerely hope Dick goes home soon, because I want to see how the mood in the house shifts without his presence. That will help me understand if it's something innate in this crop of hammies that's spiteful or if it's his influence that's taken the tone much harsher than past seasons.

How do you suppose the Branch Davidians would have done if David Koresh left? Sadly, he's not going anywhere. He's becoming a cult of personality. I wouldn't be shocked if BB printed up larger than life billboards and statues and put them in and around the house.

I don't know if that's giving DICK!! too much credit, or the others not enough. I'd like to say that he's gonna last because everyone wants to be F2 with him.

I'd LIKE to say that.

Lausana   

Good gawd they'd probably start making cappy shrines. I think it'll feel like Jen's still there with all the talk...I don't have the stomach to turn on the feeds and find out yet.

Is anyone else curious how many takes it took to get those goodbye messages to not resemble a drive-by-shooting style character assasination? I almost threw up watching that. It looked like every one of them was drugged out of their minds. Like they kept going, "Nope, here, take this, wait ten minutes, and we'll try again."

I'm shocked at how accurate they were with everything tonight. Not perfect, but far, FAR better than I thought they would do.

Maybe they figure they've milked Dick long enough (eww) and are ready for America to see the truth now.

Watching Dick act out and the other houseguests not only condone it but play along makes me think evil thoughts about all of them. And Eric's parting shot made me realize he doesn't even want to win. Or he's just too stupid to realize that if she goes to jury he just lost any potential to get her vote over anyone outside of possibly Dick. Maybe.

Zach is my only hope. He's the only one left whose said ANYTHING to Dick about his abuse towards another. So, as weird as he is, Zack is the man. Here's hoping he can Zach his way on through.

Did anyone notice on the CBS polls that D-ick's popularity went down and Jen's shot up after Cigarette-gate? It was between episodes 20 and 21, correct?

Odd, that. I haven't seen the broadcast yet, but I guess it was edited almost fairly?

The poll stats haven't really changed at all since Tuesday night/early Wednesday morning. There should be new results after the West coast show.

Edited by geekchicklet

I don't know where to put this question, so please move if need be.

Did they leave out the part where Dick got his cigs replenished?

moved from site and show questions for discussion purposes ~tooletta

Edited by tooletta

It's funny, I found myself really saddened by the whole thing. I did think BB saved itself a little with the dunking. Too bad it wasn't in pig slop. they all deserved it.

My take on the house as a whole is that they are all in an unsafe situation and are doing whatever they can to get by. TPTB aren't protecting anyone. However, I do wish someone would take action- either a small group of hamsters or a producer.

I still think that it's not a game anymore, just a manipulatve, ugly situation. In fact, I kind of resent it now when they use the words "strategic" and "game" The only potentially strategic move that has been made was the unexpected alliance of D/D and Eric/Jess, and I'm not usre we can credit any of them for that.

I'm waiting for the game to come back, but I don't think it will. Still, I'm here, waiting. At least for now.

When it does come back, I hope it's Zach who screws with all of them and finds a way to be a leader.

Also, I think it's a HUGE mistake to assume that sitting next to Dick in F2 is an advantage. I think if Dick makes it to F2, he stands a decent chance of winning.

Are TPTB manipulating it to be a Dick/Daniele Final two? I'd call that the worst F2 in history- more boring for us than Drew and Cowboy.

Edited by PuffTrinket

The poll stats haven't really changed at all since Tuesday night/early Wednesday morning. There should be new results after the West coast show.

Oh, duh.

I've been reading all over this site and others about who assaulted whom. Should Dick have been booted for the iced tea? The tossing of clothes on the roof? Should Jen have been booted for destroying cigs? For swatting at Dick's ciggy? Who is to blame?

It's like a hockey game, when brawls start popping up all over the ice, and penalties are applied seemingly at random. The fans on both sides feel their team has been unfairly punished. Who is to blame?

The referees. It is their job to set the tone early in the game. They must make clear to the players what will be allowed, and what will not be tolerated. Once those sticks come up too high, or dubious checks are thrown, it could be too late.

Big Brother is a bad ref (or bad parent, or bad teacher, choose your analogy). There were no clear guidelines set at the beginning, and it's almost come to blows more than once already. Whether it is by design or neglect remains to be seen.

chrysana   

What I'm more curious about is future shows. Will we end up with a cast with more than one Dick? What if they all just went psycho (within the "rules") and we had a house full of Dicks next season? You have to believe that plenty of people will try to adopt his "game play," especially if he makes it to F2.

Then we'd be sure to see some fists flying and could you imagine the editing team trying to bleep out all the swears and offensive/biggoted language used.

Like PuffTrinket said

I'm waiting for the game to come back, but I don't think it will. Still, I'm here, waiting. At least for now.

I too am hoping the game comes back and will likely give it a try next season if this year stays the train wreck it's become. However, if it wasn't for this site I likely would just give the whole thing up. I would miss the snarky wit of the recappers and sheer brilliance of the posters.

Shannon   

What I saw after the HOH tonight, with Jen gone, was for the first time, the whole group laughing it up. They seemed relieved. Who knows what they really think, but it sure looked like they were happy, as a group.

ff174   

I have a question for the board.

Does anyone know what happened to change Dani's attitude towards DICK! They seemed to be getting along, and something happened and they aren't talking, again.

Did I miss something?

chrysana   

What I saw after the HOH tonight, with Jen gone, was for the first time, the whole group laughing it up. They seemed relieved. Who knows what they really think, but it sure looked like they were happy, as a group.

They may be happy but they're still bashing Jen. In my opinion that just makes them look pathetic. Get a life and move onto something else.

I have a question for the board.

Does anyone know what happened to change Dani's attitude towards DICK! They seemed to be getting along, and something happened and they aren't talking, again.

Did I miss something?

ff174 ... I'm just guessing, but I think she is trying to jump the fence now that Jen's gone. The house has all this animosity, and once they tire of bashing the recently-departed Jen, I think she thinks they'll turn on Dick, and she wants to be standing on the safe side of that. Just my guess though, since I don't have the live feeds and have only read the recaps. (Props to the dedicated cappers!)