FistyHT

Love Your Hamster Watchers

Glad to step in and lose sleep for a good cause, Mags! It was tough to follow dc's alpha-tastic recap. 

For the love of Lunesta, will someone please sign up for Sunday night's recap?! 

MrsGryn   
3 hours ago, jerrye25 said:

Matt tells them that you can't protect people from doing dumb things. He's really gonna have to be more specific.

2 hours ago, jerrye25 said:

Ha...Matt says that he said ahead of time he is not gonna lie in this game (I hate that) but he then says but if someone comes to him and asks him if he is voting him out, that doesn't count as a lie.

Sure Matt, the same way I drink Pepsi when I'm on a diet.

These made me laugh tonight!

MrsGryn   
22 hours ago, Tsylyst said:

For what it's worth, that sound is NOT the sound of her foot or likely any foot breaking, it's a sound effect that production added into the broadcast.

As I understand it, this accident happened when BB was playing the wake-up music that CBS doesn't have rights to, that's why the replay they showed on air didn't have any actual audio on it (just the generic jaunty "we're having fun" theme from the BB soundtrack). It's doubtful Christmas even had her microphone on that point in the morning. And even if she did, unless she had it strapped to her foot, there's no way it would have picked up clean, loud audio of the bones breaking.

What you're cringing at is some stock noise BB purchased of a struggling foley artist doing something like breaking a stick near a microphone in a studio somewhere so he could afford rent on his studio apartment and a can of beans for the week. The editors probably bought it on the same $9.99 CD of sound effects a decade ago that they use for the jingles after someone says Christmas' name.

22 hours ago, Magpie said:

Buzzkill! I liked it better when I thought I was hearing hammie bones snap. 

7 hours ago, Tsylyst said:

Sorry! I thought it might help some people not be icked out. But, if you'd rather:

The BB editors strive to be as realistic as possible. Since they couldn't use audio of Christmas' actual break, they called in a foley artist and Mike Boogie, who is always looking for a little extra cash to pay for wart-removal services. The foley guy used a hammer to break Boogie's left foot, but forgot to press record on his equipment, so he had to break the other one, too.

And that's how they got the sound effect they play when Christmas falls.

6 hours ago, Magpie said:

Much better! I hope we get to see the clip of Christmas breaking her limb at the start of every broadcast show. In fact, it should be the new intro.

This whole exchanged cracked me up today. 

9 hours ago, copssister said:

Survivor's guilt, I suppose.  They were both horsing around and both fell down, but he was unscathed.  They both make their living by using their bodies and it's critical that they be able to use all of their appendages.  He's probably the one person in the house, minus Jess....since you can still work a pole with just one foot, who is most able to empathize about how devastating Christmas' lie prognosis will be to the remainder of her career.  

Oh my... Still rolling!

2 hours ago, ahab1013 said:

All her phone calls to Jesus go straight to voicemail. 

From Dominique's thread...

I actually laughed out loud, nearly in a guffaw. Could be her new tagline as well! Thanks for the laugh.

15 hours ago, ff174 said:

Hop-along-Xmas hops into the kitchen and sits down.

I literally did a spit take. I should not drink while reading the live feed recaps.

Magpie   

Still laughing at this one from BB3Roddy's broadcast recap!

(That sound you hear is the city of Tijuana folding up their citywide watch party, as even they can assess the playing field ahead and know that Jillian’s only hope to win would be if Dom, Cody, and Cam all have the pulley system collapse on top of them).

tooletta   
On 7/17/2017 at 10:26 PM, Magpie said:

Buzzkill! I liked it better when I thought I was hearing hammie bones snap. 

And this is why I love you, Mags.

tooletta   

Loved the retro broadcast recap, cops!  I have many fond memories of making fun of my nanny working out to Jack LaLanne in the 70s. 

Magpie   

Aww, I love you guys, too... as much as angel loves Fisty! (This quote made me laugh, too!)

4 hours ago, angelmi said:

my love for Fisty has lasted longer then any other relationship, ha!  Congrats. 

tooletta   

Thank you, Caz.   Brunch has been around HT since the beginning.  He and Fisty are roughly the same age!

Edited by tooletta

krb428   
6 hours ago, chrysana said:

I don't necessarily feel sorry for Josh...but, he is sad.

*rimshot*  Love it.

If you haven't checked out the list of 100 things that make Josh cry over in Fisty's Playground, I recommend it. Some of those lists were hilarious.

tlh9   

The "100 Things That Make Josh Cry" thread is absolutely fucking hilarious... one of my favorite-ever threads!  I was sad to see it reach 100... there's so much more potential there.