Sign in to follow this  
MrsGryn

Raven Walton - The Actual Mastermind Puppet Master Winner of BB19 - Evicted

buffyvol   
3 hours ago, dc20willsave said:

I'm watching Rob Cesternino's interviews and Raven is just as delusional after a few weeks in the Jury House. My favorite moment though was from a viewer question:

Raven's response: "Cherry."

If we could post gifs, right here would be the perfect place to drop the one of Capn Tightpants starting to speak, then,not. 

MrsGryn   
On 9/21/2017 at 2:21 PM, dc20willsave said:

I'm watching Rob Cesternino's interviews and Raven is just as delusional after a few weeks in the Jury House. My favorite moment though was from a viewer question:

Raven's response: "Cherry."

The best part of that was Rob laughing at Raven right in her face.

chrysana   

She has no self-awareness when she was scoffed at the by HGs in jury who questioned/laughed at her.  It didn't help that she had Matt there to defend her pitiful stories/ideas.  She doesn't read the mocking in the interviewers body language either.  Which is sad to me becuase I want to see a questioning look on that clown face of realization something is going on; however, it is also comical because it shows her dillusions and stupidity.

I'm hoping she goes on-line to see all her fans and gets a dose of reality...and I really hope we get to see the fall.  But, I'm a biotch and I really shouldn't be excited about the impending crash she's going to face.  That being said, I fear that she will be sheltered by momma and we won't see of her again (like how we never saw Ayran again). 

On 9/21/2017 at 4:06 PM, Magpie said:

*stares*

Now I have to wonder whether Paul really DID have them drink Kool-Aid, or if Raven has a good sense of humor that I missed? (I'm at work and can't watch interviews right now.)

She actually might not have know what was meant and just didn't get it. I've always used and known the reference of drinking the Kool-Aid, and take it for granted people know what it means, but about 4 years ago I had to explain it to someone who was a couple years older than me, she would have been almost 40, and was fairly well educated. As much as I hated her, she was a pretty smart woman so it really surprised me she didn't know the story behind it. Raven, however, is young and dim at her very best, so it 100% would't surprise me if this just whooshed right over her head and she had no idea what it meant at all. 

uaintjak   

Since the reference is to the Jim Jones massacre, I'm not surprised someone her age doesn't know it.

jerrye25   

The funny thing to me about it was that when he asked her, she thought for a moment and I feel like even though she didn't drink any kool-aid in the house, Paul probably never made any she just assumed it was true cause he said it.

Methinks Momma trained her on that one. 

How's that inverted spine baby?
Umm...It feels okay right now momma.

Oddly enough the Casefile podcast just did a three-part series on Jonestown, it was interesting.

chrysana   

I have no idea on the origins or true meaning of the saying.  I also don't know much of the Jim Jones Massacre.  Different country, different era may be the reason.  Who knows.

Anyway, I've heard "drink the Kool Aid" often enough that I contextually have come up with it's meaning.  Over the years my meaning is "to follow along what someone else is doing without questioning or thinking for themselves."

After doing a Google search I think I'm fairly close...and am now remembering some references to group suicide in cults.  Anyway, my point is that I'm suprised Raven hasn't heard of the saying before and formulate some sort of meaning.