Sign in to follow this  
MrsGryn

America's Hamster Vote and Discussion III

jejasm   

I think America should get a vote and Eric should get a vote. Considering the time and effort he put into everything he also deserves a vote. If there were a tie America's vote could be the tie breaker.

Magpie   

With seven on the jury, there wouldn't be a tie to break. But I agree that it's too bad Eric doesn't at least get to vote the way he wants to at end of the game.

I kinda liked the weasel boy because I think he showed great promise in the early weeks when he was persuading the group as they discussed each nomination. I certainly did not want him to win, but I really did want him to make it to final four. Every time he was explaining why final four would satisfy him, I thought, that makes sense and he should at least get the chance to make it to that threshold. I love the poetic justice of sending one of the last true pairs out on the same day but I really thought they would bounce Jameka instead.

Eric was an interesting choice for AP. Can you imagine if Jen or Amber was AP?! Most of the 14 either had strong non-suppressible personalities [Dick, Daniele, Jen & Amber], or they were too boring [Mike, Kail, Zach, Carol and maybe Nick and Jessica (both cute but could they persuade a group to sway a vote?)], which leaves us with some ok players - Dustin, Eric and Joe. All three were able to finagle votes and start trouble, plant ideas and form alliances, they each talked smack and had side deals, and they are all out of the house. How different would it have been if Dustin was AP and we were able to keep that ego in check with our requests? Would Joe have lasted any longer if we could have controlled his freak out?

Sorry if this should be in General discussion but I really wonder where we might be if Eric was not AP. Also, sorry for any spelling or punctuation problems - I'm enjoying a tasty adult beverage.

Shannon   

What I'd like for the AP next year is that America gets to vote on who gets in, and only one vote a piece please. Let the hammies dance while we decide who we want walking through the door.

SBTZMom   

I'm wondering if CBS can do another AP next season. I would think the next set of Houseguests would be wise to that, so they might have to wait a few seasons to try thr AP thing again.

I do think it's been fun getting the viewers involved this year (even though some of the tasks were lame and bizarre)

I know Eric thinks he is so beloved by America, but I truly believe that America was voting for noms and evictions to get rid of Eric, not to help his game out. Maybe once he is able to watch the tapes, read the boards, and read the press about him, he'll finally figure out thatjust because he was called "America's Player" does not mean America loved him.

pookele   
I'm wondering if CBS can do another AP next season.

I doubt it. That comes under the heading of "it's been done," just like the twins and the ex's. Everyone will be expecting it.

I think next year they'll have to resort to a Celebrity Big Brother. Yes, I know that's The Simple Life, only with an elimination factor.

ETA: I also have to say it wasn't very much fun. We didn't get to torture AP as much as we could have, for our great amusement. The closest that came was the mustard prank and let's-mimic-Dick. Snore. There's plenty we could have done without compromising his identity as AP.

Edited by pookele

If they bring back some version of the AP I would just want a straight extra vote on who is evicted each week. The players could nominate and play POV and form alliances just as they do now but each week America could cast one vote. I know it wouldn't always be enough to make a difference but it might stop the "vote with the house mentality" when otherwise the vote is close. I don't think the Hammies would behave any differently either. One thing that seems consistent in all the seasons is that most them have such over-inflated egos that they all think that America must just LOVE them or love to hate them.

My biggest disappointment? We never, ever get to watch these bozos when they have to face reality when watching the tapes. I'd really like a reunion show about 2-3 weeks after the finale, and moderated by an emcee with considerably more insight that Chenbot.

SBTZMom   

I think that would make a great show! Might also be fun to show the wrap-party they all keep talking about.

Would also have loved to have seen more of the jury house in previous years....and ANY of the jury house this year. I would love to see their faces, and hear their reactions to AP.

Keith   

I'm hoping they never do anything remotely close to an AP again. Nothing against Eric. This year it was America who disappointed me. It's unfortunate because I think without it, we would have had a winner I could have lived with. This year, it's a direct result of the AP that Dick or Daniele is going to win this thing. It's so bittercakes over here it's not even funny.

gunshyne   

I liked the AP because America got to impact the game. I might feel differently if my favorite would have been eliminated because of it. Seeing how it helped the D's I was glad for it. It's bad that Eric was used to further someone else's game, I do have sympathy for him there. I am sure that the 40 grand + stipend he made will make him feel a little better, but I would have loved to have seen Eric's game without the AP twist.

tremolo   

I just think they should give America a straight vote every week. No more hiding behind players. It wouldn't be enough to impact the game at first but it would screw with all the HGs and not just one. I know the fear is that everyone would act nicey nice all the time there would be no drama but I don't think that's true. If it isn't completely left in America's hands, like it was the first season, I think that it would still work out alright because some people might not think an America vote is that big of a deal (since it wouldn't make a lot of difference in the beginning) and that could screw with them in the end.

I didn't like the twist this year and while i may have enjoyed it more if I liked Dick and Daniele I still wouldn't have liked how it screwed with one person's game so much.

chrysana   
I just think they should give America a straight vote every week. No more hiding behind players. It wouldn't be enough to impact the game at first but it would screw with all the HGs and not just one. I know the fear is that everyone would act nicey nice all the time there would be no drama but I don't think that's true. If it isn't completely left in America's hands, like it was the first season, I think that it would still work out alright because some people might not think an America vote is that big of a deal (since it wouldn't make a lot of difference in the beginning) and that could screw with them in the end.

I didn't like the twist this year and while i may have enjoyed it more if I liked Dick and Daniele I still wouldn't have liked how it screwed with one person's game so much.

Agreed. I think it would be great drama to give America a vote especially at the end when every vote counts and it's not a landslide vote for one player to go home. I also think it would make the competitors more entertaining because they'd be thinking of America's vote in the end (F2). Sometimes F2 is quite close.

I may have liked the twist more if I'd been fans of the Donatos, but I'm not so all I saw happen was the game getting more and more skewed.

SBTZMom   

I agree...I'd like to see AV (America's vote) next year.

Then again, if all was fair and above board, we'd be able to see diary room sessions too, as well as the sequester house.

I think TPTB at CBS should rethink if Allison Grodner is really the best person for this job. Then again, since the viewing numbers are up in the Nielsens, they probably think she's a genius.

I don't know if anyone else has posted this yet but I was just on CBS and it said that America's Player has one more task - to cast America's vote for the winner. More details are supposed to follow.