Sign in to follow this  
MrsGryn

America's Hamster Vote and Discussion III

Beehoppy   

I have to give the little weasel credit -last night we gave him the most undoable task yet-get Dick to nominate Danielle and even in all the chaos he took a stab at it the only way he could.

Naturally, the one time we don't screw it up and have him target a smart nominee is the one time fate twists the knife so that the very suggestion of nominating that person is ludicrous in the extreme.

(And suddenly I think-what if the highest vote getter was actually Dick? If the highest vote getter was HOH they go with the second one-it very well could have been Dick)

Anyhow-I would have loved a close up on his face as Julie called for Danielle to lead the hammies inside. After just losing Jess and HOH in a matter of minutes he must have been devastated.

But he gave it a shot and he found a way to do it that didn't make him look like a complete fool for even suggesting it.

Secondly-I found it very odd that Julie did not tell either Eric or us that America would be casting his vote. Something smells hinky there.

Edited by Beehoppy

Keith   

First and foremost, I love the fact that Danielle was voted on by America. Finally! And, the idea that the first choice may have been Dick is even more gratifying. (I do wish they'd publish the votes and percentages somewhere for every single vote.) I know, I was voting for Dick to be evicted feverishly.

But, it's also gratifying for me to think that he did what he could to have Danielle evicted. I think when he was speaking feverishly in the corner to Jameka he was laying it all out for her. No matter who was nominated out of he, Zach and Jameka, the one not nominated would be thrown PoV to take off one of the two and get Danielle nominated, and vote Danielle out. That's my own personal fantasy of what was going on. And, when Zach won PoV I was hoping beyond hope that the plan was formulated and would be played out. However, Zach being the dumbass he is didn't go along with the plan, even though I think he was actually thinking about it.

Or, I could be deluded about the whole thing. But, what a coup that would have been!

Either way, as I've been saying all this season, I may not like the way Eric talked trash behind other people's backs. But, I give him nothing but 100% credit for playing the best he could under the circumstances, all the way to his eviction. He deserved the $40K

Edited by Keith

I think that Zach knew what he was doing during the POV ceremony. He needed to get rid of Erica to ensure that he would have D or D in the F2 with him. He knows that if D&D get the next HOH that Jameka will be sent packing for no one would win against her. Zach, apparently very confident that he has the next HOH wrapped up, is sure that Tues. he will be able to hand select who he is sitting next to in the F2.

I think that Zach knew what he was doing during the POV ceremony. He needed to get rid of Erica to ensure that he would have D or D in the F2 with him. He knows that if D&D get the next HOH that Jameka will be sent packing for no one would win against her. Zach, apparently very confident that he has the next HOH wrapped up, is sure that Tues. he will be able to hand select who he is sitting next to in the F2.

A D or D is one thing....but D AND D in F3?? Why not just give the Donatos the $500K NOW????

Beehoppy   

So a crazy notion occurred to me in the shower this morning.

What? Doesn't everyone deconstruct BB scenarios in the shower?

Imagine a hypothetical situation (which could have played out) where Jameka is evicted instead of Jess.

They go straight to HOH which Eric wins.

Then, America, in some new twist of sadism, had Julie call Jessica to lead the gang inside.

What would Eric have done?

In a fast forward, with no time for BB to intervene and smack him into line, would he flat out have ignored our instructions and put up the Double Ds. Or would he have played by the rules and nominated Jessica to her all but certain eviction with no chance to even try and explain.?

THAT would have been doog TV.

Mekias   

Imagine a hypothetical situation (which could have played out) where Jameka is evicted instead of Jess.

Then, America, in some new twist of sadism, had Julie call Jessica to lead the gang inside.

In a fast forward, with no time for BB to intervene and smack him into line, would he flat out have ignored our instructions and put up the Double Ds. Or would he have played by the rules and nominated Jessica to her all but certain eviction with no chance to even try and explain.?

You know, I was thinking the same thing. Maybe Eric could have said, "Oh, I was so pumped up about winning that I completely missed it when Julie said who the person was I should nominate". It's not like they could have stopped the game or anything.

A D or D is one thing....but D AND D in F3?? Why not just give the Donatos the $500K NOW????

All I am saying is that I think this is what was going through Zach's head at the time of the POV ceremony. He must feel confident for he has won the last 2 HOH comps that he could participate in and he smoked everyone in the POV comp. If anyone other than Jameka wins the POV later today then she will be going home. I am sure Zach knows that it is extremely important to win the next HOH so he can pick which Danato he will be sitting beside in the F2. No one can afford to allow Jamesus to participate in the next HOH comp.

You know, I was thinking the same thing. Maybe Eric could have said, "Oh, I was so pumped up about winning that I completely missed it when Julie said who the person was I should nominate". It's not like they could have stopped the game or anything.

Haaahaaahaaa!!! I believe that I would have shite myself.

sbell111   

In early August, Grodner said in an interview that Eric 'has yet to turn an assignment down'. This suggests that, other than the eviction votes which are made for him, he was free to follow American's instructions, or not. If he didn't follow America's wishes, he merely would lose out on earning the cash associated with completing that assignment (and risking hinky assignments and votes from America).

If Jessica had stayed and Eric had won HoH, D&D would have been on the mac, in my opinion.

Beehoppy   
In early August, Grodner said in an interview that Eric 'has yet to turn an assignment down'. This suggests that, other than the eviction votes which are made for him, he was free to follow American's instructions, or not. If he didn't follow America's wishes, he merely would lose out on earning the cash associated with completing that assignment (and risking hinky assignments and votes from America).

If Jessica had stayed and Eric had won HoH, D&D would have been on the mac, in my opinion.

Agreed, but we've never seen Eric as HOH before. My feeling is if he HAS to vote our way, were he to be HOH he would HAVE to nominate our choice. But, like everything concerning AP, it's all just speculation.

pookele   

I was curious the entire season as to whether he was deliberately throwing HOHs, as he said he did in week 1, or whether he was just completely inept.

Still hard to say though I do believe he was throwing them.

sbell111   
I was curious the entire season as to whether he was deliberately throwing HOHs, as he said he did in week 1, or whether he was just completely inept.

Still hard to say though I do believe he was throwing them.

I think that, at least in the physical competitions, he was inept.

abcdefg   
First and foremost, I love the fact that Danielle was voted on by America. Finally! And, the idea that the first choice may have been Dick is even more gratifying. (I do wish they'd publish the votes and percentages somewhere for every single vote.) I know, I was voting for Dick to be evicted feverishly.

I dont know if this has been said somewhere or not, but I truly believe that only the people that subscribe to the feeds should be allowed to vote in the America's Player activities. As someone who does not subscribe to the feeds, I think that is the only fair way to do it since people with the feeds get to see the craziness in the house without the editing of CBS. Plus, I would think CBS would then sell more subscriptions... Just a thought...

eshanna   

The next morning and I still feel bad for him. What's wrong with me? In all truthfullness, as much as I disliked him personally, he was in a difficult position as AP and played well for the most part. I would much rather have him still in the house and wished against all hope that Zach Rabbit would've put up Danielle. I really did feel for the guy during his interview with Chenbot, and how he was saying he would have played the game much differently (targeting D and D), had he not have had to support them per america. I am glad he made the 40k and think it was deserved. Does he still get the regular stipend in addition (think I read it was 9k?) If so, he made almost as much money as he would have if he'd won second place!

Yeah, I'd rather have him in the house this morning than the Smug Spawn and her Dickish Dad. Blech.

I agree, he was kind of shafted by the America's Player thing, because he didn't get to play his own game. However, he was also helped by it --- financially, for certain, and possibly through some DR vote swaying hijinks. (Though that certainly didn't only apply to him, it appears ... there was hijinking going on quite often it seems.)

Overall, I think he did the best job possible as far as the tasks & voting went. His personal behavior aside, he was a pretty good Hammie for America's First Time.

Eric: My First.

gah. what a statement.