Sign in to follow this  
MrsGryn

America's Hamster Vote and Discussion III

Mekias   

My personal feeling is that the winner should be decided without the corruption of America. The game has been ruined enough by the fickle and fanatical public.

tremolo   
ETA that it looks like the East and Center of the US has less love for D&D than the west coast does.

Yeah, I noticed that when CBS doesn't have a chance to fudge the votes America votes out Daniele. How odd. Oh, did I say fudge the votes?

I think Eric was completely right in what he said to Julie tonight. If he had his own game to run Dick and Daniele would be gone and I honestly think he and Jessica would have won. Eric may be a slimeball sometimes but I think he was a very good player. He played well when he had no control of his votes and many things were working against him. I would really have liked to see him play without AP.

Also, in his POV speechhe did point that out that he sucks at comps and has no friends on the jury. I'm not sure he should have needed to cut a deal on the spot with Zach. I think Eric may have been able to beat Zach in a final two, it's kind of a toss up in my opinion, but no one in that house believes it. Also, Zach should have realized that D&D screwed Eric and Jess so a) they may screw him and b) Eric would be automatically against them, whether he says "no sour grapes" or not.

My personal feeling is that the winner should be decided without the corruption of America. The game has been ruined enough by the fickle and fanatical public.

I completely agree!

gunshyne   

I think it was Dani because they showed that tear jerking stuff with Eric and Jess. I thought to myself right then that it would be a Donato. America has favored Dick over Dani all along and they have also have been helping Eric with his romance. I think the mushy stuff got to them.

ETA : I think the Donato's will keep their word to Zack for F2. They will know better than to take Jam to F2 if they can't take each other. As long as Jameka doesn't win HOH, F3 will be Zack & the D's

Edited by gunshyne

I don't really see how Eric ceased to function. He was really close in the HOH competition. I really don't think anything at all would have changed Zach's mind. He had a deal with D&D already...

He was shaking. There's no telling what Zach would have done had he been presented with an option he hadn't considered at the eleventh hour. Had Eric been studying Zach at all he would have known how to play him. Zach has no real loyalty. He's a gamer.

The fact that Eric was trying to reasure the D's after Jess's eviction and again on the block and yet AGAIN as he was leaving was a real indicator to me that he was on auto pilot. Nerves of jell-o that one. He was no more or less reprehensible than the rest of them. I'm not saying this because I wanted him to lose. These are just my observations based on watching the feeds all season and seeing how he played.

He did not study the game the way Dani did. Dani was constantly quizzing Dick for practice. He did not find and push the other players buttons the way Dick does. Dick got right into people's heads and played them. Eric was too busy wooing Jess to waste time understanding the minds and motivations of his fellow players. They were beneath him. Pawns in his way. There is an art to manipulating people. Eric took the direct approach and talked them to death until they couldn't see straight and eventually agreed (sometimes). Dick is better at it. He picked apart everyone's weak points and applied pressure in just the right spot until they folded like a house of cards. He used their faults against them. Horrifying to watch? You bet. But evil poetry in motion.

I try each season to not care who wins and take no favorites. Sometimes I catch myself rooting for one or another, but if I do that and they fail (And they always fail) it makes it impossible to recap the rest of the season.

I don't really see how Eric ceased to function. He was really close in the HOH competition. I really don't think anything at all would have changed Zach's mind. He had a deal with D&D already...

I try each season to not care who wins and take no favorites. Sometimes I catch myself rooting for one or another, but if I do that and they fail (And they always fail) it makes it impossible to recap the rest of the season.

I'm so glad other people are like me. I also tell myself that I will just watch without any rooting interest. But, I ALWAYS have someone that I hate. And, that someone ALWAYS wins! ugghhh

gunshyne   
evil poetry in motion.

Ferfe you always word things so beautifully.

I can say I have been happy this year. For me it's a nice change.

*to stay on topic* Did Julie say anything about America getting a vote at the end? I missed the very end.

Mekias   
*to stay on topic* Did Julie say anything about America getting a vote at the end? I missed the very end.

No, she said something like Eric's one remaining obligation was to show up on finale night. She didn't say anything about whether he had a vote or not.

eshanna   

Now I feel sorry for Er-ick. I can't even be loyal to my own hatred.

He annoyed the hell out of me and acted totally vile sometimes, but he was one of the better players. It's gonna be a BOOOORING final 4.

RCToros   

Yep, been feeling the same way.

Thanks CBS for mucking up another "twist". Leave it alone next year. And especially this: NO PAIRS.

He did not study the game the way Dani did. Dani was constantly quizzing Dick for practice. He did not find and push the other players buttons the way Dick does. Dick got right into people's heads and played them. Eric was too busy wooing Jess to waste time understanding the minds and motivations of his fellow players. They were beneath him. Pawns in his way. There is an art to manipulating people. Eric took the direct approach and talked them to death until they couldn't see straight and eventually agreed (sometimes). Dick is better at it. He picked apart everyone's weak points and applied pressure in just the right spot until they folded like a house of cards. He used their faults against them. Horrifying to watch? You bet. But evil poetry in motion.

I think that very eloquently reflects my feelings about Er-Ick's game. I know he thinks he is a master of the game, but I have my doubts about how far he would have gone without the AP angle. I think Er-Ick understands moves (not sexual, obviously), but I don't think he understands people. I don't think he stops talking long enough to really hear anyone else. He just puts his "expert" thoughts out there and repeats them until he thinks eveyone must believe them.

Would D & D have been broken up earlier? Maybe, maybe not. Would Er-Ick have been gone earlier? I think so.

Keith   
Would D & D have been broken up earlier? Maybe, maybe not. Would Er-Ick have been gone earlier? I think so.

As a personal preference, though, that would have been fine with me. Last night for the first time since Dustin's eviction, I watched the show. I figured that with the Big Brother Fast Forward thing I would not have to sit through any golden editing of Dick and Daniele and the show would be tolerable for me. It would sort of like be reading Hamster Time, I just get the news without the suckage.

Luckily, I was right. I wasn't happy how things turned out, as I developed a bit of a soft spot for both Jess and Eric. I'm not glad they were evicted, but I was glad they were evicted without Eric having to betray Jess. I think in the end, even if they don't make it as a couple, they will be good friends. And, I admit, I'm a sucker for "happy endings" in that way.

And, just like the last few seasons of Big Brother, the last half of the show became not about who to root for, but who to root against. For me, anyway. So, if Eric happened to be voted out sooner rather than later if he got to play his own game...eh, no big deal. However, the fact that Dick absolutely would have been gone and I could have continued to watch and enjoy the show without him if Eric had gotten to play his own game...that would have been wonderful to me.

russ   

Bye Mister America. I am genuinely going to miss your antics.

I do think that several aspects of Eric's AP status did hurt his game, and I am glad that he walked with 40 grand in consolation. I think that on his own, Eric might very well have made moves like casting a hinky vote early in the game to stir things up. But being forced to do that for consecutive weeks harmed his anonymity. Not to mention the banner.

The summer would have been much less fun without his take on the twist.

With Zach as the new HOH, I believe that he will do what he can to ensure that he and Dick are in the F2. If he puts up Dick and Jameka I can see this happening. Danielle will not vote out her dad, for she needs him in the F2 as well.

MAC-Dick and Jameka

If Dani wins POV then she will not use it and Jameka is gone.

If Dick wins POV, Jameka is gone.

If Zach wins POV then a) take off Jameka and put up Dani and Jameka will send her packing. b) Jameka is gone.

If Jameka wins POV then Dani will definitely be gone.

It is anyones guess as to what will happen but I think that Zach is in a position to where he could chop off his own ear if he is not careful.

sbell111   
Yep, been feeling the same way.

Thanks CBS for mucking up another "twist". Leave it alone next year. And especially this: NO PAIRS.

The cruelest thing CBS could do next year is to tell the hamsters that there's a big twist and then not have one. After AP, their paranoia will be really fun to watch.