Sign in to follow this  
MrsGryn

America's Hamster Vote and Discussion III

Mekias   

That's exactly what I was thinking, Tremolo. Eric was in a no win situation. He knew that the Donatos were popular and realized that trying to backdoor one of them would seriously screw him up. He knew that his mission was to get Amber nominated so he couldn't take her off the block (he may have been contractually obligated). Neither Amber nor Jess would have understood him veto'ing Zach so that would have got him in trouble as well. I don't even think he was allowed to campaign against Zach since America wanted Amber out.

Bottom line, he didn't have much of a choice. At this point, Eric is trying to win a gunfight with no bullets. All he could do was not use the veto and hope that the Dick & Danielle kept their word.

At least on Thursday he'll have complete autonomy from America and can actually play his own game for 1 day.

sbell111   
... I do think he's trying for AP money more now than he probably was in the beginning and I think knowing that there's no way he can win is a part of it. I don't think Eric could win against anyone really and I think he knows that as well. I think that's a big part of why he really wants Jess to get to the end with him. Since he can't win, he wants her to. ...
Eric can't win any more AP money. Out of 26 tasks, he has completed 20 (21 if America's choice get's evicted tonight). There are only three more tasks to complete. Therefore, he can not possibly make it to 25 completed tasks to earn his next $10,000.

The problem is, I don't believe that TPTB are telling him when he is successful. Earlier in the season he made a DR comment that suggested that he thought that he had successfully completed the 'sleepwalking' and 'silent treatment' tasks. Therefore, he might think that he needs to continue to complete them in order to win the extra $10,000. Plus, he might still be worried about who America may choose to evist next week (America's last chance at affecting an eviction).

(This reminds me, I wonder if he get's too bites at America's apple this evening. If America chooses to evict Jessica and D&D sends out Jameka, will Eric be able to make his own choice in the second eviction if Jessica is nominated? Certainly, TPTB can't implement an America's vote in the few minutes between the second nomination and eviction.

Edited by sbell111

Ken S.   
... I do think he's trying for AP money more now than he probably was in the beginning and I think knowing that there's no way he can win is a part of it. I don't think Eric could win against anyone really and I think he knows that as well. I think that's a big part of why he really wants Jess to get to the end with him. Since he can't win, he wants her to. ...
Eric can't win any more AP money. Out of 26 tasks, he has completed 20 (21 if America's choice get's evicted tonight). There are only three more tasks to complete. Therefore, he can not possibly make it to 25 completed tasks to earn his next $10,000.

AP would still decide his jury vote, so that could count as a 25th task (he might only get credit for it if the AP choice wins, though).

Still even if he only walks away with $40K plus his stipend, that's not a bad summer's pay for a googly eyed weasel.

Edited by I_Hate_Them_All

sbell111   
AP would still decide his jury vote, so that could count as a 25th task (he might only get credit for it if the AP choice wins, though).

Still even if he only walks away with $40K plus his stipend, that's not a bad summer's pay for a googly eyed weasel.

Plus he becomes a reality TV superstar. Just ask him.

I want to see the Diary Room out takes where he calls America incestuous child fuckers and we can kiss his bony ass. You KNOW he said it.

Alleykat   

And, he thinks this will land him a gig on ESPN. Yeah, WeaselBoy, your spastic eyebrows and craptastic fake announcer voice is just what everyone is looking for on ESPN. I'm sure their marketing department would wet themselves with glee, like an excited puppy, that they have a chance to sign on a total douchebag to represent their network.

Magpie   

The AP game is over when it gets to final 4, so we won't have any say in Eric's jury vote. Alas.

ff174   
The AP game is over when it gets to final 4, so we won't have any say in Eric's jury vote. Alas.

I've been wondering about this.

If Eric wins the HOH, there would be five people in the house. If AP is over at the final 4, that would imply that we have control over his nominations. However, tonight is probably a FF night, so how do we have any input?

ff174 am confused.

Minxy   

According to the fine print, the AP voting period ends on September 12th, so it looks like we still have a couple more tasks.

Beehoppy   

My take on it:

We will be weaseled out of any input on who goes home second tonight-nominations, targeting, all of it. There's no way for us to have a say that quickly. And you left coasters would be especially hosed. But there should be a new HOH by the end of tonight's show-or soon thereafter, and we will start again with that task. So-we will still get a Thursday night nominee vote, it'll just be like we skipped a week.

I still hold out hope on a jury vote. I seem to remember hearing earlier in the season that that would be one of our perks. I know theysasid the tasks end then but maybe that was just meant to say if he was still in the house, he could play his own game.

I guess we'll see.

Ken S.   

I think that's only if he's still in the house. I could swear I saw either on the CBS site or on one of the broadcasts themselves that America gets his jury vote if he gets evicted. I can't find it on the CBS site right now, but I'm like 99.99% sure I saw it on a CBS related outlet somewhere.

ff174   

Here is a link to a post I made way back when ... when we all a twitter about the new season, when we were anxiously awaiting the reveal of the new cast, when dreams were high, when ...

Sorry.

Anyway, in the article it clearly states that we will have a vote in the BB jury if the AP makes it to the final 7.

sbell111   
Here is a link to a post I made way back when ... when we all a twitter about the new season, when we were anxiously awaiting the reveal of the new cast, when dreams were high, when ...

Sorry.

Anyway, in the article it clearly states that we will have a vote in the BB jury if the AP makes it to the final 7.

Of course, TPTB seem to change the rules or write new ones every few minutes, so who knows.