Sign in to follow this  
Tsylyst

Survivor 35: Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers

9 hours ago, copssister said:

Why didn't they enact a buddy system where they could have taken turns being Ben's guardian?   At least they'd be there when/if he found it so they could search with him as a measure to keep him from it. 

Because they're too lazy. They'd rather sit around and proclaim that he's looking for it than work to prevent him from finding it.

He's going to Tyson his way to the end: find an idol, win immunity, rinse and repeat.

I hope the others' hubris is their undoing.

I don't usually pick a favorite or root for anyone, but there, I've gone and done it. And I would have thought it would be Chrissy or Lauren.

gforce   

I kinda hope Ben does win, after the rest of them couldn’t get off their lazy asses to follow him - while actually discussing that they hope he’s not looking for the idol.  I mean, really. 

I'm not a Ben fan, but since the rest were too stupid and lazy to look for the idol, I kinda want them to lose. Not him to win, just them to lose. You don't even try, you don't deserve to win. 

At some point CBS really needs to figure out how to time their broadcasts to DVR series recordings.  Not only did my final episode's recording stop just 3 minutes into the final tribal council, but it didn't record the reunion show at all.  So, I log into my CBS account this morning to view what I assumed would be the remainder of the jury inquisition which must have run over into the "reunion episode" - only to be greeted with the spoiler (for me) that BEN was the winner.

So, who can fill me in on the final TC details?

Anybody else think that the big twist at the last eviction ceremony was a last minute fix so that Ben would be in the finals?  I was rooting for him, but that twist was way heavy handed.

Tsylyst   

That sounds like a problem with your cable provider or box, not CBS. My series recording worked fine and captured both the 2-hour broadcast and the reunion special.

At first I thought the final advantage was kinda BS, but I guess it added a little drama to what otherwise could have been a predictable final vote-out.

MrsGryn   

Yeah, my DVR recorded everything, too, though it was in two parts. My complaint is that the three hours was bloated with tons of filler and could have easily lost a half hour, leaving a full hour and a half for the reunion so everyone can have a moment in the glare of the TV klieg lights. 

The twist did feel slightly manufactured to aid Ben, however Devon could just as easily have won that final fire challenge. 

Shannon   

I've seen that fire challenge before but don't know if it was ever used in the final.  And yes any of them could have been there, Crusty took Ryan because she knew he was no theft to her winning, but she was left with Ben and Devon, both who might beat her, and Ben did.  She should have throught farther ahead, she helped kick out someone, along with Ryan, who couldn't have beat her.

AVorlon   

I was surprised by the outcome, because I thought Chrissy would win. I wasn't shocked or disappointed when Ben won, though.  He did a really good job just to get to the end, and I suppose a compelling backstory always helps.  

As for the reunion show,  I'm glad they've done away with trying to interview everyone who started the game. I don't even remember some of them, and  it's pointless and boring to have all of them say something.  

Still trying to figure out why some random girl in the audience, who was probably not random at all,  was asked to predict the winner.  

uaintjak   

Love that Ben won.  It almost never happens that you get both a great season and a great winner, and for me this season delivered both, including the fact that Ben was against another great player at the end (Ryan peaked early and became a waste of space, but Chrissy was a true competitor).  I also liked how they did the jury thing this year.

Great ending to a great season.  We'll see what next season holds.

I had the same problem with the recorded show... got the first part but missed the whole vote and announcement of the winner and didn't get the reunion show at all.  I was able to watch the reunion On Demand, but it was a bummer to not hear the votes.

I likewise thought that the whole twist of the last tribal was a "fix" to make sure there was some surprise in the final vote.  Really, if Ben had been ousted, Chrissy would have been the walk-away winner.  She has to be annoyed!  (I was glad to see her lose because she was way too smug for her own good!)

Once Ben got into the F3 though, he deserved the win.  He hustled and mostly did it without being too sleazy about it.

Sign in to follow this