Sign in to follow this  
Tsylyst

Survivor 35: Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers

MrsGryn   

So the recap is going to be delayed until Thursday evening because of baseball. Not due to the station pre-empting the show, but because GO DODGERS! 

AVorlon   

Dividing by zero is also unacceptable.  Sorry about the Dodgers. 

They're getting pretty good with predicting the mergers these days. I think my favorite moment was Ryan saying that he can't figure out why people want to work with him, because even HE thinks he's a freakin' weasel.  So, extra points for him.

This is definitely some of the best editing they've had on the show in years. A common problem I have with Survivor is that by time of the merge, you can predict the winner based off of how they're getting edited and by time of the merge, you probably have it down to two or three people. This season? I was actually floored that Ali went because of how strong her edit was! There are still like 7 people left in the game that I can see winning and I'm really excited about that.

uaintjak   

This season is filled with players, which is awesome, especially after coming off one of (if not the) worst seasons of BB ever.

Also, I would love if they didn't merge yet.  Surprise!

Edited by uaintjak

I'm on-board with the perception that Ali's own actions did her in with Ryan's vote.  Much like they dumped Alan after his continued antics, Ali showed her hand (and her ass) a little too much after last week's vote.  In games like this, you accept the twist of fate and chart a new course.....immediately.  You do not instantly pop off at any voting members who can (and do) determine your future fate.  

I'll miss her - she was adorably flawed which is what made me like her and ultimately what caused her demise.  

uaintjak   

Good episode!  I thought they were dumb not to dump Ryan before JP though.  I love Ben, so I'm biased,  but I think keeping him was the right move.  Getting rid of him now would have badly weakened their alliance, because Joe and Mike would have started scheming the moment he was gone, and it wouldn't take Joe long to realize his best chance would be to whittle down any strong groups, I.e., Lauren, Bad Skin Girl, and Big Teeth Guy.  Mike would have to be told that because he's too stupid to come to the same conclusion.