Sign in to follow this  
Tsylyst

Survivor 35: Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers

CazBot   

I liked the choice of tables at the challenge...I immediately thought, I'd want to be last, you can't judge a table before you play it.  Boom, last one picked won.  Also, quality  coaching by yellow gal.

MrsGryn   

Agreed, Caz. And having a couple of people who need steady hands in their professions (doctor and physical therapist) probably helped a lot with not only keeping cool under the pressure but concentrating on the task at hand.

This is the first premiere in a while that was only an hour and I kind of like it. Most years seem a little padded at the beginning and I felt like last night was a lot more to the point.

AVorlon   

I'm  still  waiting for the Voice of Reason,  which is the one person with sanity, empathy, hope  and reason.  Why is  that  so difficult  to find?     

AVorlon   

The previews show the tribes being consolidated next week, probably much earlier than production wanted it. The whole concept of healers vs hustlers vs heroes goes right out the window when they all get mixed in together. 

I was figuring it would happen after the 4th boot so the two new tribes would be even. So, either they're stay at three tribes with an even distribution, someone is getting sent to exile, or they're repeating Debbie's Pleasure Cruise from last season for the leftover.

MrsGryn   

Ha, Debbie's Pleasure Cruise. Maybe for her, not so much for Cochran. 

My guess is a school yard pick for a challenge, person not chosen gets put on the losing tribe after watching what happens during tribal council. 

So happy to see the smug slapped off Patrick’s face after he repeatedly refused to listen.  He likely believed that someone he thought of as a fat old lady could throw far enough to knock the blocks down.

uaintjak   

That was a pretty damn good tribal council!  I don't like Joe, but if he doesn't get any slimier, I might start routing for him.  I mean, he was helped by the advantage, but still, he played that well.

This was a great episode I thought.  Someone I didn't like went home, and I didn't hate anyone.

Edited by uaintjak

Magpie   

I agree with you, jak (and with MrsG's excellent recap)! A really good episode all the way around, with a great surprise tribal council outcome. Plus, we got to meet a new player named Desi!

I'm not ready to route for Joe, but he played it smart for sure.