Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MrsGryn

Talk/Chat Shows

9 posts in this topic

Because you know you want to talk about the awesomeness that is "The View."

I've been a bigger fan of The Chew but that's mainly due to a love of Carla Hall that goes back to her time on Top Chef. Also a crush on Michael Symon but that's less important than Carla.

On to late night talk shows, where I was sad to see that David Letterman's mom just passed away. She was always welcome on the show, whether she was baking pies, doing the Top 10 list, or being a special correspondent at the winter Olympics She was 95.

Speaking of Letterman, he sure looks different with his "retirement beard". In case anyone didn't notice, Jimmy Kimmel has a beard now too, in honor of Dave.

I was sorry to hear of Letterman's mother's passing. Her presence on the show was always fun and a gentle reminder of the more human side of David.

dc20willsave, I agree about Carla! She was always my favorite on Top Chef and the same for The Chew whenever I happen to catch it.

Posted (edited)

Very unusual and emotional monologue from Jimmy Kimmel on Monday night, about his newborn son, who was born with a congenital heart condition. This comes just as Congress is debating how to deal with pre-existing conditions, before they adjourn on Friday.

He talks about how his son will always have a pre-existing condition, and how the survival of your child should never depend on how much money you make.

http://abc.go.com/shows/jimmy-kimmel-live/video/featured/VDKA3817329

Edited by AVorlon

It was very touching to watch him speak. Thank you for sharing the video link.

Posted (edited)

Julie Chen appears as a guest on Stephen Colbert's show. I'm guessing this waa the first of many appearances, the next one probably being when Big Brother starts up in a month. She used to do this on Craig Ferguson's show, but he has moved on, and now Colbert is getting the honor

http://www.cbs.com/shows/the-late-show-with-stephen-colbert/video/wCZ4CZL4b2AdUGvzplWtSOLY9QItGsMq/julie-chen-broke-the-2016-election-results-to-the-big-brother-cast/

Edited by AVorlon