Sign in to follow this  
Tsylyst

General House Analysis and Discussion

6 hours ago, ahab1013 said:

lots

I won't disagree with most of ahab1013's post. 

I think there wasn't so much Cody or even Jessica love as much as there was disdain for Paul and Alex and the rest of the jackal tactics practiced by many in the game. Someone called it a grand "screw you" to Paul, and I agree with that.  Paul was far too smug for someone who is playing a game show, and having Cody as the giant wrench in Paul's plans amused me.  Yes, Cody was an ass, but he got as much bad treatment as he gave and then some.   It was good to see the tables turn the other way.  If I could have found a way to see them turned on Josh and Christmas as well, it would have been really amazing!

I would love to see Have Nots changed back to the days when finishing last in a comp meant that you would spend a week on slop and sleeping in a cold bed.  I'd have no problem with that.  I'd also like to see them enforce penalties for people who sing, eat real food when they're have nots, etc.

SBTZMom   
6 hours ago, ahab1013 said:

don't get the Cody love. He was an ass. He ruined both his game (twice) and Jessica's (though she was complicit). His constant refrain of "alpha" added to his misogyny and transphobic remarks seem forgotten because people were hating Paul and Cody took on Paul.  It became the enemy of my enemy is my friend, kind of thing.

Agree 100%. I a am no fan of Paul, however Cody is just not a bad BB player, he is not a good person.  Misogynist, homophobic and a really sore loser to boot. 

I hope never to see him again, on BB or any show. 

MrsGryn   

What Cripes said. It was more anti-nearly everyone else. 

That said, I am looking forward to seeing how they fall apart on TAR.

Magpie   

I don't know whether Cody is a "good person" (however you define that) since I have never met him, and although I enjoy judging these morons as much as the next person, I have no idea whether how they behave in the BB house is 100% how they are in the real world. And honestly, for the most part, I don't care how they behave in the real world. All I require from this stupid show is entertainment, and Cody provided that on several occasions. BB is not a game of morals for me, and a damn good thing it's not, since pretty much everyone who plays it sucks donkey balls. Some perhaps literally.

Shannon   
8 hours ago, PA Woman said:

It would have been unfair for Jess to talk to Cody.  She has been able to watch the show/feeds from the outside, and that will influence her opinion.  So Cody would have had an advantage the rest of the jury did not have.

I didn't mean she should have been able to talk to Cody, I meant she would have       Have changed his mind.  For some reason,IPad demands a capital H in the middle of that line.

AVorlon   

The thing that surprised me the most was Mark and Elena voting for Josh to win.  I think Paul was counting them in his column, as people who didn't like Josh at all.

zclue   

Yeah, I'd have to go back and watch, but I think as soon as the first of that pair was called for Josh was when Paul visibly crumbled. He did not have a good read on that jury at all. Someone earlier mentioned that perhaps part of his problem was that he was never in jury, which sounds plausible. I can't remember if he was a recruit in his first season or not, but if he was that could explain his utterly piss poor jury management. Judging by his post-exit interviews he still doesn't get it.

hefgypsy   

Josh had a bad crush on Elena and talked about it all the time. Of course she would vote for him and Mark would just follow suit.

AND...I have not deleted my dvr of the finale yet (which is what I usually do) because I can't get enough of Paul's facial expressions as he realizes that he is a LOSER again.

JunkTV   

I'm finally watching the finale.  Mostly, to see Josh's GBMs and Paul's face when he loses.  I don't think I watched two episodes the whole season because I wasn't interested in the Paul show.  

On 9/21/2017 at 1:33 PM, ahab1013 said:

I do think some of the traditional things need to be changed in the jury portion so that it isn't all fun and games.  Here's a few suggestions:

1. Sequester them jurors separately. - Real juries are not allowed to discuss the facts of a case until the trial has concluded, then they gather and deliberate.

2. Do away with the goodbye messages. Josh clearly used these to subvert Paul and while that's fine if you're pro-Josh or anti-Paul, this is using production to get an advantage as producers determine what gets show to the evicted person.

3. Don't show the jury the comps and votes. Let them figure it out when they get back together to deliberate.

I don't know. I was just very disappointed in this season. I didn't care who won. It all just seemed perfunctory.

I totally agree with ahab1013's ideas about jury containment for future shows, especially the idea to keep the jurors separated to prevent them from discussing the show. It may not have changed the outcome and Paul should have owned his gameplay, not made the jurors look like bigger fools. Paul made lots of mistakes and never learned from his previous season of BB. 

Rumor has it that Jessica and Cody will appear on The Amazing Race. I can only hope that Cody has to wear some local outfit and dress as a woman while doing some kind of goofy jig. When he found out about Trump's decision to stop transgender folks from being in the military, Cody defended the comments he made in the house and made his views quite clear. 

jerrye25   

Not sure how I feel about #1. In one way you are letting them get together and talk about the game. I think I like that. 

I'm gonna disagree on #2.

I think good-bye messages are a great way to talk to someone one on one. Josh knew he couldn't tell them while they were in the house because God forbid Paul see him talking to someone without his permission. So Josh did something that Paul couldn't even comprehend that he would think of. Paul used them one way while Josh used them another way. I think it was really smart of him to do it that way. I don't think it's using production since everyone gets to do them and they see all of them.

I guess the big question I have with #3 is, how much is the jury part of the game. Should the people in there be able to keep playing if they want to help someone win...or lose? If so, then they shouldn't show them anything they didn't see with their own eyes.

I was really happy with the finale, the season was so terrible and boring and predictable that while Paul played the better game, it was a nice kick in the balls to the producers who tried to help Paul win. And by help Paul win, I mean things like, making him the only veteran, giving him friendship bracelets to hand out to start forming his friendships while keeping him safe that week, making the first temptation an America's choice where we've seen the person America knows get it every single time first. I don't think they fixed anything for him during the season, but they set him up really well and he had the game to take it to the end. Unfortunately having never seen what happens in the jury house or even watching the show (including his own first season), he had no clue how to manage them. Josh did and that's what won it for him.

chrysana   

I don't mind the way jury runs right now.  If the jury gets to stay together then it makes no sense to not show them the comps...they'll hear about them anyway from the evictees.  I like that the jury compares notes.  It adds an extra layer to the game to ensure players not only have to work players in the game; but, also those being evicted...Paul.

I'm all for making changes to the game itself.  As has been stated, it's time to actually punish the rule-breakers in the house.  Either with penalty votes, loss of house privilages, or monetarily.  America votes should not be done at the start of the season when there is ONE vet in the house - we all know how that's going to end.  The HOH room should be for the HOH...and if the current HOH isn't in the room, everyone esle needs to clear out.  I'd even be OK with America getting a jury vote.  That would add another dimension to game-play. 

This season sucked becuase majority of the HGs rolled over and let Paul steam-roll his way to the end.  Aside from eliminating the friendship bracelets and safety weeks the only way to have the season be different was with different HGs.  Paul manipulated the house and in another season would have won.  It happens.  There are other F2s who should have won but didn't.  The power of the jury can't be ignored.  As for this season, the upset on finale night saved the season.  IMO

Magpie   

I'd go the other direction and take America out of it altogether except maybe the final AFP vote. I want to see a lot less pandering for public votes by the hammies, and America tends to vote stupidly anyway. I think the only time I really enjoyed a vote from the viewers was in Season 6 when Janelle got the phone call, leading to Ivette's epic wailing.

chrysana   

The public often votes stupidly; but, it is soooooo fun when a HG who thinks they are popular don't get the vote.  Ivette being an example.  Jessica this season getting a temptation is another.  The HGs in the house were thinking she was horrible and then she gets a prize from the public.  When Brittnee got the prize on BBCan which saved her and Sarah, they were also hated in the house and the HGs were none to happy that Canada voted for someone the HGs thought was hated by the public.