Sign in to follow this  
Tsylyst

General House Analysis and Discussion

Magpie   

Maybe they were afraid that Xmas would slip and fall... if anyone had actually tried to win, that is. 

buffyvol   

This is why I take years off from watching.  The f2 always ends up with someone who "deserves to win", but I hate them. And someone who "doesn't deserve to win" and you want to vote for them over the "deserves to win" but you hate that one also.   If I could pick a final 2, it would be Jason(yeah,he's done and said some bonehead things) and Kevin. (I love that the 25,000 is just now being talked about), with Jason winning. 

AVorlon   
On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 9:39 AM, angelmi said:

Bobby Moynaham from SNL and Me Myself and I.   He said he was a BB fan and knew everything that was going on in the show.  I had read James/Caleb were suppose to come host one and I guess the hurricane and James doing rescues messed that up. 

I wouldn't mind Bobby Moynahan, and I can believe he's a fan of the show. He did the "drunk uncle"  thing on SNL  a number of times, and I remember him saying "Yeah, I watch Big Brother" as part of his act.    

Edited by AVorlon

zclue   

We still have a lot of players left in the house, but this season is all but done for me. I've lost interest in the goings on and I'm just waiting for it to be over. I am curious to see how the jury chooses to vote, though. At this point it is all but inevitable that Paul is F2 - with god knows who sitting next to him. Will the jury be bitter and personal or objective?

This seems to be a group that cannot think for themselves and make everything personal so I tend toward bitter jury. But they're also easily manipulated, especially by BB "stars." I could totally see them being petty until Dr. Will (or whoever they get this year) comes in and tells them what to think. Either way, this is easily shaping up to be the most disappointing finale for me since Scaggie and Cryvette.

There have been some boring seasons before, but this is the worst for me.  I'm literally recording the show and then just deleting it because I have no interest.  I read HT just out of curiosity to see who Paul has mandated to put up for the week.  I think BB will probably pay off the jury to give it to Paul.  When Paul lost last year, it looks like BB asked him to come back and they would rig the game for him to win.  I just don't understand why.  It makes for a super boring show.  What's the point of it?

Jenn48   

When Paul first came back and got three weeks of safety, I wasn't as annoyed as some of the others. I thought it would be a good way to solidify two sides of the house to battle against each other. That didn't happen though, and it just became a show about Paul and his minions. And it's sooooooooooooo boring!

angelmi   

We said the same thing when Dan came back the second time, his fake funeral, his week in isolation.  They way he treated Danielle and Shane.  And lost to the nerd he took to the end. I see Paul losing to Josh.  Nicole spend her whole time last season in bed with Corey and had safety costume.  She had 3 other vets that came in with her.  This is the first time a vet came in alone.  Can't wait to see Double eviction this week and the finale.  And when Rachel came back, she came with Brendon/Jordan/Jeff/Dani.  

Edited by angelmi

Josh is the one person that Kevin could convince that Paul set him up to be a target weeks ago.  Josh has been trying to convince Christmas all week that everything that has been done so far benefits Paul more than anyone else, but Christmas thinks that she they won't make it to F3 without Paul.  Or at least that's what she is telling Josh.

The one chance of ending the Paul rule is if Josh wins HoH.  Of course, Paul has taken care of that by convincing Josh and Kevin that they should throw the HoH next week.

This lot is dumber than rocks.

2 hours ago, angelmi said:

We said the same thing when Dan came back the second time, his fake funeral, his week in isolation.  They way he treated Danielle and Shane.  And lost to the nerd he took to the end. I see Paul losing to Josh.  Nicole spend her whole time last season in bed with Corey and had safety costume.  She had 3 other vets that came in with her.  This is the first time a vet came in alone.  Can't wait to see Double eviction this week and the finale.  And when Rachel came back, she came with Brendon/Jordan/Jeff/Dani.  

Dan's second season was the polar opposite of this season. Dan was on the ropes and everyone's target for pretty much the whole season, but he managed to fight and scratch and claw his way to the end. By contrast, Paul has never been in danger. If Boogie, Janelle and Britney weren't in Dan's second season he might have coasted the whole way like Paul, but because he had to contend with other savvy vets, his season was compelling.

Also, Jesse was the lone veteran in season 11. This season is essentially what season 11 would have been if production didn't gift Jeff with the coup d'etat, which was the only way Jesse was leaving. And that would have been super boring and horrible to watch. This season, for me, is as bad as that alternate-reality season 11 would have been.

chrysana   

I was annoyed by the three weeks of safety for Paul; one I could have handled...but, three is a bit much.  Aside from that I don't know that the game has been rigged for Paul.  Paul has worked the HGs to ensure that after his weeks of safety were up he'd be safe and in control.  Casting put a bunch of sheep in the house; however, they all weren't sheep.  Paul just worked hard to ensure he got rid of the ones not following his plan.  I don't know if casting realized what sheep they had in the cast before the season started.

I do believe the Rachel return season was rigged.  Somehow, when she's on the block and going home TPTB decided that they'd allow the POV winner (Rachel's good buddy Jordan) to pick a second person to save...seemed a bit fishy.

Not only three weeks of safety.  He was given a leg up in forming alliances by letting him pass out safety bracelets.  Every single houseguest was forced to talk to him when they might have otherwise ignored him.

chrysana   

True...I forgot about the bracelets.  I had to go back to the episode recaps to see who got the friendship bracelets (which is a junior high idea - and shouldn't be used by grown adults). 

jerrye25   

The friendship bracelet eviction was the first of five evictions he was safe from. That was followed by three weeks of safety and let's not forget when Mark gave him the save a friend apple from the amazing Tree twist. Sure, he was probably safe that week anyway, but if this wasn't the stupidest cast ever put together by Kassting (and that's quite the feat for her), maybe someone puts something together and attempts to get him on the block. But alas, he was safe.

I'm not sure if my math is right, but there have been 10 evictions. He has been safe for five of them. Has anyone else even been safe before the week started for one?

Paul is playing a great game and deserves to win. In fact of the people left, I think only Josh could even be considered a deserving chance to win if he's sitting in final tow and that's only if he's responsible for Paul not sitting beside him (probably have to Steve Moses him). He may be an emotional mess but he's the only one who has shown the ability to think on his own. The rest of them are so utterly worthless.

And with that, there's no way I'm putting Paul anywhere near my greatest player of all time rankings. To use a sports metaphor (cause I know there are tons of sports fans here), I'd have to take strength of schedule into account. Was he great as an experienced player against a bunch of dummies with safety 50% of the time? Sure, he absolutely was. He knew exactly what to do and even planned some of it out weeks ahead of time.

But put him in a season where even one other person is trying to play for themselves and he doesn't last long. He's loud, abrasive, talks down to people and he's a jerk. That is the recipe for a just before jury eviction every year. 

I am hoping beyond hope that FUG sees this season as what happens when you bring vets back. It's predictable and boring. I haven't watched feeds. Look at all the times that vets came back. Nicole won last year, Dan finished second his year, Rachel won her year. Hell even Jessie was looking good his season until FUG realized she was about to lose Jeff and created the Coup d'Etat. I wish they'd stop the stunt casting and give us what we haven't gotten in a while. But it doesn't matter what I think, FUG doesn't care about me or the people on this site. It's a TV show and it needs ratings to survive. And stunt casting brings those ratings. 

Okay I'm done ranting (for now), it's lunch time.

Ratings have been dropping the past few weeks though. That should tell production that people are getting tired of The Paul Show.

I am hoping for Josh to pull out a win in the final HoH and get the win. He has to be smart enough to take Christmas instead of Paul. Really, Double Eviction is the best chance of taking out Paul before then. He doesn't work as well when he can't plan and all it takes is Alex or Kevin winning to screw up his plans. Kevin might put up Alex but I can see the scenerio that he puts up Paul and Christmas. As for Alex, she might go for Kevin but she'll be coming off Jason's likely eviction and that would put Raven, Josh, and Christmas in her targets with even Paul potentially vunerable if he can't get the blame off himself.