Sign in to follow this  
Tsylyst

Big Brother Canada 5

MrsGryn   

Wait, there is a 53 year old in the cast? Talk about diversity! Also, my favorite is Finger Guns Guy because...finger guns.

While Robyn Kass gets some shit for the casting in the US version, more and more, I am more certain that fault lies more heavily with CBS there. BBCan always feels like they're more willing to cast a variety of people.

Set and TV promo theme seems to be intergalactic starship à la Passengers (sans Chris Pratt and Jennifer Lawrence). Decor photos are up. Besides the dino ribcage corridor, seems bland compared to the last couple of BBCAN seasons, but still more personality than most CBS season sets.

Anyone see any updates about After Dark or Side Show for this season?

Holy sh—! 53yo mom Karen won first HoH comp! It was endurance (obviously pre-recorded), and she compared the harness pain to giving birth to her 4th child.

The newbie cast was let into the house first, then the returning cast one-by-one. All the newbies were surprised. The returnees had no idea how many of them there would be or who would walk through the door. Biggest returnee side-eye of the night came from S2’s Ika.

I don’t hate anyone at this point, although there is a lot of potential bitch and d-bag drama. A couple of the new dudes are nice from the neck down, but my eye-candy of choice this season is returning Russell Tovey clone Kevin.

The first 24hr viewer vote (FYI, this year’s twists are being called “Shockwaves”) is to "grant one houseguest immunity, keeping them safe until jury starts” which "could be a blessing or a curse.” I’m torn between eye-candy Kevin and sure-fire drama starter Ika.

Check out the in-studio FOTH 2c3670ba27a0.jpg

and the HoH comp outfits in this video clip https://twitter.com/BigBrotherCA/status/842193663077842946 — both ladies AND gents got suit nipples!

Edited by ShyLurkerGuy

My thoughts the entire time were that I wish CBS production cared half as much about the set design as Global does.

I will say that I hope a newbie wins the twist but that was tailor made to ensure one of the returning players got safety.

Karen as HoH is the Mother of Indeterminable Method to Her Madness.

Nom’d: newbie Demetres & newbie Mark, both brawn players.

PoV: won by vet Bruno, not used.

Evicted: Mark

Can someone with better recapping skill than I especially recap the drama between PoV and Eviction. Because. For a night 2 episode? Near-epic. Ika not really a surprise. Karen? Hilariously on point. Especially with the studio audience reaction to the pre-recorded segments.

Night 2 drama. Wow.

“After the Eviction" interview heads to FB live. Not sure if this means no Side Show this season.

Neda got the viewer-voted Time Warp safe-until-jury.

Edited by ShyLurkerGuy

I really wish I could recap with due justice to the drama, but the least I can do is call attention to the now-signature competition costumes and set production:

week 1 POV (video clip): https://twitter.com/BigBrotherCA/status/842533538171932673

week 2 POV (video clip): https://www.facebook.com/BigBrotherCA/videos/1260170337429291/

week 3 POV (video clip): https://twitter.com/BigBrotherCA/status/849357934844882944

gforce   

Seriously, that house is amazing. The lighting effects for the "red alert" theme when they had to report to the "bridge"? And the bridge, itself? Just amazing how much detail they put into it. Likewise with the "Highway to Spell" set.

And yeah, the drama started heavy and early. Fierce game play!

chrysana   

I am loving BBC this season and I am missing reading recaps of the drama in a BB house. After seasons of watching BB and reading recaps here...I know how editing can change my view of a participant and the drama in the house. I'm very curious about what I'm missing not having that information.

I don't know why they're calling this week a backwards week...to me it's more a "week without an HOH". I like the concept, just curious about the name.