rappy

Suggestions & Comments

Altho I'm sure we all need to be reminded of the Live Feed recapping Rules from time to time......

is it possible to NOT have the very first "Welcome kittens..." post on the top of EVERY recapping page? Or make it a lot shorter?

It seems to take up a lot of room, and I'm so lazy, I hate scrolling down that far. Sigh.

Also, on last year's board, ALL the topic page numbers were listed, so it was super easy to go to the page you wanted, and maybe even see what you'd already read.

EZ is good, but it doesn't list ALL the pages..... you have to type in the page you want, and it's a pain. Any way to adjust it? Waaah.

I know, I'm picky AND lazy. Why do you put up with me?

UPDATE:

Thanks magpie, life on hold, and copssister for assisting with my beligerant needs.

The initial post is NO longer at the top of may pages anymore (don't ask how, don't know, don't care).

Now, I just hate the way I have to work the pages.

(I sometimes read the last page first......so, the orange box doesn't help me out at all with getting back to the middle pages that I missed....it must have known that I bitched about it. Bastard.)

Edited by FeedMeCoffee

Magpie   

Not sure what you're referring to here...I've been in the live feed recaps threads for the past three days, and hwg's post is only on the first page. Are you clicking on the thread name instead of the little orange box to get into the thread? If so, yeah, that takes you to the first page, and so you will indeed see the first post in the thread.

Try clicking the little orange box to the left of the thread name; it will take you to the first new post since you last read the thread.

I usually click on the last page number, but just now, i tried what you said, and clicked the cute little orange box.

Same thing.

I get the welcome post at the top.....then right under is the first post for the page i hit (in this case (p.79, around post 1570 approx)...and the rest of page 79.

I must be an odd duck if no one else has this. Maybe there is a set up thing i need to set up differently?

I get this in all the other topics also, like this Suggestions topic....I get post #1 ("Let us know...")....then this page which starts at #21 I think.

Thx for the response..... now I think I'm just imagining things. Yeah thanks a lot. More coffee needed, I guess. At least my video is better.

FeedMeCoffee, go to the top right of the page to the Options box, at the bottom of the drop-down select Standard view. This should solve your display problem.

On the bus ride home from work, I was thinking a time index for recaps might be handy. I'd be willing to maintain it (just don't expect me to be punctual with it). If a mod gives me the go-ahead, I could start a single-post/no-reply thread in the Life Feed forum. Any thoughts? Here's the week so far:

LF Recaps - Week 1 Time Index (Pacific ...er... Hamster Time)

Fri 12am . Fri 12pm . Fri 6pm

Sat 12am . Sat 12pm . Sat 6pm

Sun 12am . Sun 12pm . Sun 6pm

Mon 12am . Mon 12pm . Mon 6pm

Tues 12am

I like this idea a lot. I'm thinking that maybe the "time index" would be best placed in the first post of a live feed recaps thread.

Sooooo, yes, we'll start a time index thread in there that ShyLurkerGuy will maintain. When the week is over, I'll move that info into the first post of the recap thread for that week.

The only glitch is that for a thread to be "no replies" means I have to close it, which means you'd need to PM me when you wanted it reopened again to update it. So I think we'll just leave it open; in the end, only the time index will be archived with the thread - any superfluous replies will be deleted.

I usually click on the last page number, but just now, i tried what you said, and clicked the cute little orange box.

I'm loving that little orange box...it's a godsend considering the volume of LiveFeed postings. Maybe there's a setting in your "My Controls" which activates that feature? It's working for me, so I wouldn't even know where to direct you to in there...but I bet it's a setting that needs to be altered for you, FeedMeCoffee. Perhaps one of the all-powerful HTMods know which setting...*throws down the challenge for Mags & MFGary*

I answered FeedMeCoffee with the solution to her problem a few posts upthread.

On the topic of getting to a specific page, besides using the orange box to get to the last unread page, you can click on the blank page icon just to the left of the string of page numbers and enter a specific page.

Edited by lifeonhold

Anyone else having this problem? Well, let's use the word "problem" loosely...

On any page (beginning yesterday), every single one of my posts has the same post-count. Same with all other posters that I see... For instance Poster X had 34 posts as of midnight Sunday and has added 16 posts since. When I pan through the entire thread, everyone of his posts has the post-count set at 34. Then, if I log out and log back in, or sometimes it just happens when more posts are added and I've refreshed the page once or twice, everyone's post-count increases by one! It's the strangest damn thing.

Is this just me, or does anyone else see the same thing?

Tsylyst   

I'm not having that issue phenolbarbiedol. Can you point us to an example? (Like link to two or three posts where you have the same post count so we can try and figure it out?)

I'm not having that issue phenolbarbiedol. Can you point us to an example? (Like link to two or three posts where you have the same post count so we can try and figure it out?)

This board is unlike ezboard in that every single post you've made - no matter when you made it - will show the number of posts you currently have.

For example, my first post in this thread says it's my 409th post. But that specific post was one of the first I made on this site. OVERALL, RIGHT NOW, I have made 409 posts on HT.

It's weird and I don't particularly like it - I was post counts were incrementally displayed on each post - but there you go.

ETA: Well, it DID say it was my 409th post, until I made this post, my 410th.

Magpie   

Yeah, what hwg said. Once I post this, every post I've made on this site will show the new, current total post count. Which bites, because I pissed away my 500th (gasbag!) post somewhere in the live recap thread, and I wish I knew if I'd used it to recap someone worthy. Maybe it's best that I don't know.

IPB seems to do the same thing with avatars as for the posting counter: If you change your avatar, it will update site wide on all past posts.

BTW, is there a chemical short form for phenolbarbiedol? Any relation to phenolkendol?

IPB seems to do the same thing with avatars as for the posting counter: If you change your avatar, it will update site wide on all past posts.

BTW, is there a chemical short form for phenolbarbiedol? Any relation to phenolkendol?

Thanks for clearing that bit of obviousity up for me, Tsylyst, Highwaygirl, et al. How did I not notice that?

Shy, I haven't yet met ken... *channels Janey* Can you give me his number?!