rappy

Suggestions & Comments

msjuleen   

I am having a hard time figuring out who is who in the recap section. Just when I figure out ok that nickname belongs to that hg new ones show up! Can we have the recappers put in brackets who they are talking about when they first start using a new nickname?..... I love hamstertime and I have been mainly a reader for years occasionally recapping but only when I see no one else recapping

Moved from the House Analysis thread - Tsy

Tsylyst   

Try taking a look at the Acronyms and Nicknames thread in the LF forum. A lot of the answers are there.

Pretty much anything having to do with "Slut" or "Nose" is Alison, and I haven't seen too many other nicknames being used so far this season. If there is a nickname in particular that you are confused about, please ask in this thread.

siandam   

Mimbo and Progeria boy are 2 nicknames I'm not too sure about.

I don't even understand what a Progeria boy is!

eta: I googled Progeria and now understand that it it a Booger reference. Still not sure who Mimbo is.

Edited by siandam

uaintjak   

Progeria boy is Boogie. Z-Geist calls him that because he looks like one of those poor kids afflicted with progeria, which is the disease where you age prematurely.

It's a really awful disease, so, no jokes about people that actually have it...but on the other hand, Boogie does kind of look prematurely aged, so yeah, it makes sense.

ETA: Oh, duh, just saw that you googled it and figured it out.

Mimbo is apparently Jase, judging by Z-Geist's post. I agree about the man-bimbo part though.

Edited by uaintjak

yeah, sorry about the nickname thing...I get carried away and coining new possible nicknames gets to be part of my enjoyment..I'll try to tone it down but (in best Ricardo Montelban Wrath of Khan voice) that damn nickname and acronym thread asks me...I just know one of these days I'll hit on the nickname that will reap me recapper glory forever and all the associated benefits.

as for progeria - I'll use a marcellus like defense, I saw a reference on a comedy tv show to one of the character's looking like he had progeria and I found it really funny and then I saw boogie that one afternoon in the pool looking like this 12 year old boy and just started using it together as my disgust of boogie was growing. I really intended to quite calling him douchebag because that seems harsh but my addled mind didn't realize that progeria is kinda harsher in a different way..so, short story longer than it needed to be, i blame the tv show for exposing me to such tasteless humor...I'll try and stop it but I just hate boogie with such a passion and just find no other words that fully conveys the complete and total disgusting manner in which he presents himself

anyway, I'll try to be better at identifying who I'm talking about in the future but I absolutely refuse to mention the name of the over-rated dr. casper..someone come up with a suitable derogatory nickname with which I can refer to him and I'll play along

uaintjack - that's probably what I'll try to keep it to from here on out..it still gets to the essential douchebagness of boogie's character but it isn't quite as harsh as just straight out calling him douchebag with any other qualifier or aspect of his name..don't ask me why but it just is....personally, my sick self does kinda find it funny to see the similarity in looking at pictures of boogie and pictures of children with progeria but it is a bit on the tasteless side

I'm actually growing fond of calling Booger by one of your nicknames, Doucheboogie.

MsJuleen, thanks for the reminder about nicknames becoming confusing.

If i start with a new one, unless it's pretty danr obvious like a riff of their name/current nickname, i try to put in () who the hell it is.

If i didn't, i'd probably confuse myself!

RE: Boogie

Although "douchebag' is relevant, I find it qwerty-difficult to type (plus i've never been a big fan of that dig, anyway.

I've always said Boogie's a flat-faced fuck, and ImmaMeanGirl hit it close with her comparison with the crescent moon shaped iconthat McDonanld's retire, Mac Tonight. (Ding...Dang, just got they probaly meant, like "Have a Big MAC tonight"........*hits head*).

So there's always these options:

BoogieMac (BM for short.....heehee poop humor!!)

MacBoogie or McBoogie or McBooger, etc

Personally, I still like: Flat-Faced Fuck, but, that's me.

Edited by FeedMeCoffee

uaintjak   

McBoogie is pretty good, I laughed when I read that.

Of course, I'm still giddy over Kitchen George, so, you know, whatever.

Meggin20   

Wasn't sure where to put this question- here or in the Site Tips thread...

I'm trying to download the current Feeds thread because my asshole landlord keeps turning off the fucking power without telling us. I know where and I know how but I can't get it to download the full thread. When I download to either HTML or Word, the last post it gives me is from yesterday at 6:16pm. Any idea how I can get the whole thread? Or separately download the rest of the thread? Thanks!

MsJuleen, thanks for the reminder about nicknames becoming confusing.

If i start with a new one, unless it's pretty danr obvious like a riff of their name/current nickname, i try to put in () who the hell it is.

If i didn't, i'd probably confuse myself!

RE: Boogie

Although "douchebag' is relevant, I find it qwerty-difficult to type (plus i've never been a big fan of that dig, anyway.

I've always said Boogie's a flat-faced fuck, and ImmaMeanGirl hit it close with her comparison with the crescent moon shaped iconthat McDonanld's retire, Mac Tonight. (Ding...Dang, just got they probaly meant, like "Have a Big MAC tonight"........*hits head*).

So there's always these options:

BoogieMac (BM for short.....heehee poop humor!!)

MacBoogie or McBoogie or McBooger, etc

Personally, I still like: Flat-Faced Fuck, but, that's me.

See, I find Booger remind me of Popeye the Sailor...all he needs is the corn-cob pipe and squiting into the sun!