rappy

Suggestions & Comments

I wasn't sure if I should post this here or in the Site & Show Questions thread, since I didn't see a general Bugs & Problems thread, so I tossed a coin.

I'm having problems staying logged in. I have deleted and reset my forum cookies several times and cleared my browser cache, but even though I check the box to remember me, every time I come back here I have to log in again. I'll also sometimes get logged out while I'm in the middle of reading or posting to the forum.

If it helps, I browse with Firefox on a Windows XP system. Also, I frequent a couple of other forums that use IPB and don't have this problem on those, only this forum. I don't think it's related to the recent hacks, as I've had this problem since I first registered, but I guess it's possible they're related. Anyway, I just wanted to let you guys know. Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

Annie, I'm not sure what is going on with that, but I vaguely recall other people having that problem as well (it might have been Rappy, but I'm not sure).

Hopefully someone who knows more can chime in with a better answer. I'll do some Googling and see if I can find any info.

ETA: A couple of things. At the bottom of the forum table on the main page is a link to delete the cookies set by the board. Click that, then log in again, and see if you stay logged in.

Second, make sure you're using http://www.hamstertime.net/ht/ as your bookmark for the site. That's the URL specified in the board's cookies setting; according to what I've read, if you access the board at http://hamstertime.net/ht/index.php? (the link you get when you click on the banner) that could make a difference.

rappy   

I discovered that my problem was having the wrong page bookmarked. Once I bookmarked the proper page I stopped having the login problem.

Magpie   

Same here...I originally came here via the link from the old HT ezboard site, and I set my bookmark at that point. I never could stay logged in, until I changed my bookmark to the one that hwg posted.

Same here...I originally came here via the link from the old HT ezboard site, and I set my bookmark at that point. I never could stay logged in, until I changed my bookmark to the one that hwg posted.

I just updated the link on the old site to be correct for bookmarking purposes. Thanks for mentioning that!

Is there any chance we could have a thread to talk about former hammies we would have liked to see return, but didn't make the list of 20 semi-finalists?

vedo   

I think a thread for memorable sayings, or quotes everyone should know would be good?

I totally missed it when janelle said "bye bye bitches" and was confused/left out whenever someone used it. And I'm confused right now about the "not from Jesus" quote on the HT banner.

Anyways, recap of my rambling: a thread listing quotes, with a short explanation of context?

Eg: "Do you know what I'm saying" (DYKWIS)-- the phrase Ivette used to death & made viewers' ears bleed with.

I think a thread for memorable sayings, or quotes everyone should know would be good?

I totally missed it when janelle said "bye bye bitches" and was confused/left out whenever someone used it. And I'm confused right now about the "not from Jesus" quote on the HT banner.

Anyways, recap of my rambling: a thread listing quotes, with a short explanation of context?

Eg: "Do you know what I'm saying" (DYKWIS)-- the phrase Ivette used to death & made viewers' ears bleed with.

On the show on Wednesday, Jase described the DNA twins twist with Natalie and Adria by saying, "that was not from Jesus." It was funny even though it was a not-so-subtle poke at their piety.

I'll have to think about a thread dedicated to quotes. Good suggestion, I shall ponder and let you know!