Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tsylyst

BBOTT - House Analysis & Discussion

363 posts in this topic

This thread is for discussion of BB19, premiering in September.

Here's what we know so far: The show will be available on CBS AllAccess only. The show will last 10 weeks. There will be 10 episodes, one per week.

It is not known if Julie will still be hosting or if there will be live feeds. More information will probably be revealed at the CBS meeting of the Television Critics Association on Aug. 10.

Some earlier discussion was had here: http://www.hamstertime.net/ht/index.php?showtopic=559&p=254048

I've read through both the Hollywood Reporter and Deadline articles a couple of times and I must have missed that there were only going to be 10 episodes. I know I've seen 10 weeks but just assumed there'd still be the standard 3 episodes a week.

I'm hoping Julie does come back for the online edition. I'm a little worried that with it not being broadcast, she'll decide to skip and then Jeff ends up hosting instead. I mean, there are worst hosts to replace Julie but Jeff's interviews and reactions are always so terrible.

I was getting that from the early TVLine story (Deadline's sister site), and I see now that they corrected their misprint from 10 episodes to 10 weeks. I had been so confused about how they would fit everything from a week into one episode, so that makes a lot more sense.

I do think that Jeff will end up hosting, though.

This type of format would be perfect for a Totally All-Stars. Draws in both newbies and retains long-time BB fans - plus provides a casting pool of those BB alumni who don't have real jobs.

If Jeff hosts it will already begin as the worst BB in history.

It has been confirmed today that Julie will be hosting.

CBS has now confirmed that Big Brother will indeed run on CBS All Access in addition to remaining a summer staple on the linear network. Julie Chen will remain on board as host. “Big Brother is an incredible success on the CBS Television Network and has always been ahead of its time when it comes to fan engagement,” said Marc DeBevoise, president and COO at CBS Interactive. “Already, the Big Brother Live Feeds are some of the most popular content on CBS All Access and with this new digital edition we will explore ways to reimagine this format for multiplatform audiences.”

Link: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/big-brother-moves-fall-cbs-915090

I'm pretty certain they come with it. So, if you sign up you have access to the whole library of shows that are there for streaming.

I wonder when the new season starts. They have to have at least a couple of weeks to get all the stank out of that shithole.

Edited by ff174

The stories I've seen all say a few days later. I imagine they're going to turn the house over (not redecorate, but clean/reset it) Thursday/Friday and have the new folks move in on Saturday night with probably the first show/feeds going up on Wednesday.

They don't want to let too much time to pass for people to cancel their subscriptions.

ETA: What might be real interesting is if they have the new group there on finale night and move them in live at the end of the show. That would be hard to pull off with the BB afterparty and stuff though. At the very least, I bet we have a video package segment in the finale that is introducing the new cast.

They should move a new cast member in every time one of the old ones get voted out.

The stories I've seen all say a few days later. I imagine they're going to turn the house over (not redecorate, but clean/reset it) Thursday/Friday and have the new folks move in on Saturday night with probably the first show/feeds going up on Wednesday.

I wouldn't be shocked if they redecorated. There's plenty of time, considering that MetLife Stadium is able to

(or vice versa) between a Sunday afternoon game and a Monday Night game, and it's about a thousand times bigger. (Here's a
of just the field changing.) Edited by Ellis Dee

When they close up Have-Not in a couple of weeks, they can redecorate that then. Brexit might stay the same but I figure the Tokyo Room will get redecorated. New wallpaper will be easy and switching out the decorations with something from props should be easy enough. The main problem is getting the stench out.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0