Sign in to follow this  
Tsylyst

Survivor 33: Millennials vs. Gen X

Looking at the bios, you can kind of tell that this was probably planned as some kind of Liberals vs Conservatives season then someone in production realized they would be murdered for that and lazily retrofitted it into Millenials vs Gen-X.

Edited by dc20willsave

When was the baby boomer survivor? Did I miss it?

and....

I assume these were the people who didn't make it when they casted the beauty tribes on previous seasons?

MrsGryn   

Not a stellar opening episode, but not the worst, either. The generational thing got annoying quickly, because the Millennials they picked, other than Zeke, seem to have that sense of entitlement that is their reputation.

The legacy thing could be interesting. I wonder if this will take the place of the immunity idols? I hope so because I am tired of those things!

Tsylyst   

I think I read earlier this summer that there will be idols but they will be "hidden" in plain sight, so if you want it you have to go get it in front of everyone.

tlh9   

I'm going to have to find this episode "on demand" or whatever, or watch it online... because as the survivors were having their storm, we were having our very own, live-and-in-person storm going on outside, complete with thunder that shook the house and lightning and a torrential downpour.

Such things are pretty rare in these parts ~ well, the thunder and lightning part is, anyways... not so much the torrential downpour ~ "rare" as in one every few years, and this one was unpredicted so a complete surprise outta nowhere.

But it took out the cable! Not the lights or overall power or anything, just the damned cable. And it was 10 or 12 minutes before we got it back. It went out during the ad break right after Jeff said they were gonna evacuate everyone... and when it came back, it was back to the normal game. So we missed all of that excitement because of our own storm!

So who's going to win this thing? My guess is: Not us for watching it.

The parents of the Milennials who got a good months break from their obnoxious ass kids who no doubt still live at home, complaining about how hard they worked at their part-time jobs and how unfair it is that the manager at said job expected them to a) be on time, b) work their entire shift, and c) not only do their job, but to do it the way they were told, not the way they think is better? Oh wait, maybe that is just my Milennial nephews and niece.

Shannon   

Just as I thought, the younger ones think they don't have to work etc., and the older ones think the younger ones are spoiled whiners. I've seen this play out generation after generation. It's the old...you have it easy, in my day I had to walk barefoot in the snow uphill to school, both ways...

If the tribes were predetermined, why did Probst go through the pretense of handing out wrapped buffs?

I really like the idea of Liberals vs. Conservatives.

uaintjak   

I was hoping Jeff would quietly pick Zeke up off the beach and let the rest of the Millenials die in the cyclone.

ahab1013   

If the tribes were predetermined, why did Probst go through the pretense of handing out wrapped buffs?

They had their names on them, so I think it was just to spring the idea on them that it was millennials v genx, because, let's face it, they're all probably too slow to pick up on the fact that all the people wearing the same color clothes looked younger than the others. Except of course the guy dressed like a Vegas lounge carpet.

I am still trying to figure out the reasoning for that vote last night. You have a core four who are always going to be loyal to each other over the rest of you idiots. Why keep one of them again? I'm really hoping if there's a tribe swap or a demerge (splitting to three tribes) that Figgy or someone gets swap screwed by Zeke and Adam.