Sign in to follow this  
Tsylyst

Justin Scheman & Diana Bishop - JustUgh - Second place

ff174   

We learned the only good thing about this duo: at least Diana isn't a complete doormat.

But, he sucks. A lot. And to think that I felt sorry for him during the first episode when he was boo-hooing about being tossed in the first episode. Now, I long for those tears to return.

Unfortunately, they are decent racers. And, their competition is pretty inept.

Diana, You in Danger Girl.......seriously, while I know the race can bring out the worst in people, all this douche-baggery from him cannot be blamed on the race. It's going to be a very short marriage or an eternal hell if you choose to stay.

AVorlon   

I'm looking forward to an all-star season, where a better team can wipe the smug looks from their faces. They are seriously good at this, and they know it all too well.

They've won six legs now, and the record is eight I don't remember the team that did that, but would they be in the next all stars, or has their time already come and gone?

Edited by AVorlon

gforce   

What would redeem this season for me is if they won all the legs up until the finale and due to some wonderfully karmic event, they wind up third at the end. Justin would collapse at the mat in a blubbering, quivering mass and I would cry tears of joy.

What would redeem this season for me is if they won all the legs up until the finale and due to some wonderfully karmic event, they wind up third at the end. Justin would collapse at the mat in a blubbering, quivering mass and I would cry tears of joy.

Oh, gforce, make it so! I thought he had displayed a little humility earlier in the game, but his arrogance is truly annoying. I do think his hubris will be his undoing, and I can't wait to witness it.

He's truly obnoxious, and becoming more and more like a charactuer of the loud, self-centered ugly American. I love that Phil barely seems to tolerate him.

Tsylyst   

They've won six legs now, and the record is eight I don't remember the team that did that, but would they be in the next all stars, or has their time already come and gone?

That would be Rachel and Dave, Season 20 (spring 2012): http://www.hamstertime.net/ht/index.php?showtopic=1378

According to the Amazing Race wiki, they divorced after the race (she is remarried), so they wouldn't be returning as a team.

As I recall, they had a very Justin/Diana situation where he was a giant toolbox if things didn't go his way and she called him out on it from time to time. They won their season though.

ff174   

If they do lose, I hope it's to the cheerleaders. Losing to a couple of girls would stay with him until he's an old man.

And, the crying thing would be awesome.

ff174   

I seriously hope that all his hubris about his awesomeness is foreshadowing to an epic fall from that high horse where he currently resides.

And I reiterate my previous post about the tears. I want snot bubbles.

MrsGryn   

Oh, Lord, please. Please let his humiliation be total and complete. Diana is collateral damage, but I want his destruction to be absolute.

Diana has to know she's going to be collateral damage for the rest of her life with him, if she hasn't walked away by now, that's her stupidity. And, honestly, the fact she puts up with him and hasn't said a word makes me give her the side eye anyway.

If the editors are screwing with us and all of his obnoxiousness isn't leading to his sobbing snotty downfall, I'm going to be pissed.

Tsylyst   

I'm guessing the "shocking" twist that we're promised is that the Green team comes in last, but are saved by a non-elimination (thus Justin falling to his knees at the mat because he thought he was out, but is elated to learn he isn't). Then four teams enter the finale the following week and they eliminate one halfway through like has happened in several recent seasons.

It's been a while since we've seen a non-elim leg, and we're due for one.

ETA: Next week's episode title, by the way, is "It's Not Easy Beating Green."

No way CBS would put a real spoiler in their episode title like that.

AVorlon   

I thought Tsylyst's theory was going to be correct, right up until Phil said "The last team to arrive WILL be eliminated".

I suppose the Green Team deserves to win for running the best race, but I find it hard to root for them. I'll have to watch the finale from a detached viewpoint, without really caring all that much.