Sign in to follow this  
Tsylyst

Denise Williams & James Corley - MaBama - Out Leg 10

Yep. I certainly don't want to see another Margie/Luke situation, but I can't get behind a mom who obviously is not okay with her son being gay, no matter what she is saying now. Although, I guess it's possible she was just as hostile to him before he came out. But either way, I don't like her.

Tsylyst   

Well sure. If she can't stand the idea of a gay son, what must she think of being surrounded by all those Africans? And then that one of them would dare spit in her direction?

ff174   

Even though it's non-elimination, I hope that Phil has to go out to the detour and eliminate them; like a mercy elimination. Denise isn't even close.

I suspect that they will eventually give them a pass and let them continue on.

ff174   

I actually bought into their "the race brought us closer" claim. They seemed a little bit less testy and more comfortable with each other during the last three or four legs.

MrsGryn   

They did, didn't they? I really and truly hope that this did help her realize she loves her son no matter what. I think it is hard for some people raised in such strict and narrow beliefs to grow more enlightened, but I truly hope she turned a corner, for the sake of both of them. James Earl came across as a decent fellow the whole time, and Phil was right. Denise pretty much smiled her way through the whole race.