Jeff Varner - Australian Outback - Ta Keo/Angkor - Voted out Week 4

Tsylyst   

jeffvarner.jpg
Photo from CBS.com

Jeff Varner
Season 2
Survivor: The Australian Outback
Hometown: Greensboro, NC

I remember adoring Jeff during that season, but haven't seen it since it aired. IIRC, he was blindsided into being the first juror of the season, and I think that partially happened because of Skupin's fire incident.

And hey, he's a member of The Family, so I'm "routing" for him.

chrysana   

Jeff's tribe had one more player than the other tribe as they headed into the final immunity tribe challenge before the merge. Then, the fire where Skupin had to be medevac'd out. Jeff's tribe decided against doing the immunity challenge because they were shaken up by the accident. Merge happened and they went in with even numbers. It was a voting tie and in those days the person with the most previous votes went home. Someone ratted our that Jeff had been disliked on his tribe and had received votes against him to the other tribe so they used that and he went home.

At least that's how I remember it.

chrysana   

I thought it might have been Kimmie...but, wasn't sure. Good memory. I remember being very disappointed in the results of that season...because it was simply one after another getting voted off from the minority tribe (which was the result of an accident).

uaintjak   

I kept expecting for him to exclaim,"Oh my goodness!" Or "Heavens to Betsy!" the entire time. It just seems like something he'd say.

gforce   

I kept expecting for him to exclaim,"Oh my goodness!" Or "Heavens to Betsy!" the entire time. It just seems like something he'd say.

Heh. I sometimes do that when I'm being sarcastic, so I probably wouldn't have even noticed.

chrysana   

I liked Jeff during his first season - I don't remember much about him, but I do remember favouring his tribe. I am really liking him this season. He clearly understands the game has changed since he was in the Outback (S2) and while not a physical strength, he's personable and very observant. I enjoy his "interviews", I hope he lasts. I would like to know if he really finds Abi Marie delightful or whatever term he used with her last night?

gforce   

Oh, I think he was just buttering her up to sway her allegiance. And she's such a nit she couldn't tell how obvious and patronizing he was about it.

uaintjak   

I didn't watch Outback, but I'm liking Jeff as well. I especially like that he wasn't afraid to flip out of his alliance when he saw the danger Shirin and Spencer posed.