Tsylyst

BB17 House Analysis and General Discussion

ff174   

After watching this evening, I think it goes something like this.

The threesome of Vanessa, Clay and Shelli are pretty strong. They don't have a read on any of the other hamsters, but are sure that there is some kind of alliance amongst these hamsters. They just aren't sure who the members of this non-alliance are. So, when Austin approached Vanessa tonight, he gave some mea culpa that explained his scheissty behavior during the last week. I don't think that Vanessa et al completely bought his line of shit, but they realized that he can bring both Julia and Liz along into a semi-strong, six person alliance. They may not be completely trustworthy, but they are a better bet than trying trust the likes of Becky, Meg, James and the rest, who they can't quite figure out.

Edited by ff174

uaintjak   

Austin begged for his life, explaining his actions to an initially skeptical Vanessa. She told him to try and convince Shelli and Clay. Later, when Shelli, Clay, Vanessa, and The Jiz got together, they came to the realization that even though Austin sucks, he's a vote for them. Shelli and Clay want to vote out Trainface now, and pull in Meg and Jason...however their talk with Jason and Meg, to sort of feel them out on if that was a possibility, didn't give them much hope.

Vanessa and The Jiz were thinking about keeping Becky and instead voting out Jackie.

Later, Vanessa conferred with Steve, and told him what was up. No one knows Steve and Vanessa have a sekrit alliance. Steve made the argument that Trainface, Jackie, Meg, Jason, and James have an alliance, and he thought it was common knowledge (they don't actually have an alliance, but both Austin and Steve are convinced they do). Steve was about to tell Vanessa what she should do when Jackie barged in and that convo ended.

Throughout all this, Vanessa has been moaning about blood on her hands, lying liars, is this really real, and everyone's favorite catchphrase, "At the end of the day."

According to James, Austin should just go for it with Liz. "Sometimes you gotta risk it to get the biscuit." *barf*

These guys are so icky.

They might be icky (Austen is for sure just based on the broadcast show) but that quote is an actual saying, not a sex reference. No more or less icky than the similar "fortune favors the bold."

Unless you meant that it's an overly cutesy saying.

This "As the Alliance Turns" is making my head spin. I feel like I've been struck in the face by a trolley. Anyone have any Ibuprofen?

cubkip   

If I'm on the other side of the house, I put all the blame on Shelly. I would be paying attention and notice the flip again after her return from the Dr. Let's see if any if them pick up on this.

PatMcNJ   

Assuming Jackie gets the boot.

Maybe this will clue the hamsters in that you are DUELING HOHs, not dual HOHs. You are not sharing it.

Shannon   

I find Austin pawing Liz the same as Christine pawing Cody (what that his name?) but while Austin was dumped by his girlfriend, Christine was married to some poor smuck sitting at home watching her. So Christine was much worse.

The thing is that this is a game, only one person wins the big money, and if you aren't there to play, go home and paw something that might actually like you. To lose your edge/head/whatever you might have thought would get you to the end, over someone who is no more interested in you than the wallpaper means you need to quit pissing me off and DOR. After all this is about me. The love connections on this show are Jeff & Jordan (too dumb for words) and Rachel & Brenda, a match made in pukesville, so Austin, go home you aren't winning Liz.

That said, I don't think this is his week to go home, but if Jackie goes home, no great loss to the game. A wasted HOH but then it's good for me to see useless Hammies go home early so maybe some players might step up and get rid of the Vanessa/Shelli reign of boredom. It's annoying to me because this group of Hammies are a bit different, and yet they are still tiresome bores for the most part. I had my hopes up with two women who should be good at reading others, Da & Van, and pfft from them. I don't know, I keep telling myself it's still early, maybe it'll start some time soon.

Tsylyst   

The love connections on this show are Jeff & Jordan (too dumb for words) and Rachel & Brenda, a match made in pukesville, so Austin, go home you aren't winning Liz.

Also, Daniele Donato and Dominic (BB13) who are married, and Hayden and Nicole from last season (yep, they're still together).

Why does anyone believe anything Austen says? They have caught him in a number of lies. They know he has manipulated them. Still, the second he tells them that he heard two people who have never done anything wrong to them had said something, Vanessa and company flip out.

These hammies may just be the dumbest, most paranoid hammies yet.

JunkTV   

Are there any true alliances? I'm not sure anything Vanessa is in is a true alliance she will quickly cut anyone who doesn't give her every tiny detail.

Tsylyst   

I don't think anyone is 100% believing Austin. Shelli reminded Vanessa today that they have caught Austin in lies before, so you have to verify anything he tells you before you act on it.

The Vanessa/Shelli/Clay/Whoever alliance is more using Austin as a so-called "snake in the grass" to gather information. They want him as a number in the votes and for his link to the twins, but that's about it. They're tolerating him for now and using him as a shield to hide behind the bigger target if the other folks in the house start throwing fire.

Jenn48   

Are they even able to put Jackie up? I mean, that's kind of crappy on BB's part to leave the other HOH vulnerable if they get ousted as HOH and then can be sent home.