Tsylyst

John McGuire – DR shouting taken to a new extreme

The shaky, shouty voice might just be nerves and/or excess adrenaline. My husband does that when he starts talking about stuff that excites him.

I am loving John's dorkiness. I'm just surprised that the two dork boys (John and Steve) haven't bonded. It could become BB's version of "Revenge of the Nerds".

krb428   

They actually do interact a bit, but the recappers here tend to find that boring and switch away, I've noticed! They've bonded a little over schooling and music that I've seen. They've also given each other little bits of advice, but they both internalize everything so damn much, it just ends up sounding like, "You should probably do x in order to y a little more." *long pause* "Yeah, okay." And that's pretty much what that sounds like when it happens.

My crush on the dentist continues unabated. This does not bode well for his longevity in the game, but I can't help myself. Sorry, Johnny Mac; I will crush on you juuuuuust hard enough that you'll be evicted before final 5. *sigh* I hate myself.

Jade   

He's not unattractive. He's sort of interesting looking in a .... Warm Bodies zombie R (Romeo) sort of way.

And, from a distance, he also sort of reminds me of an emaciated Peeta (after he's been held captive by the Capital circa Hunger Games: Mocking Jay)

ff174   

I'll have to take everyone's word for it. I don't watch the network show, only the feeds.

And, on the feeds, he is a big fat zero.

There are a couple people I flat-out don't like (Shelli and Clay), a bulk of people I am meh about, and then there's John...the only player i sincerely like.

flydance   

Loving his youtube videos. Also? loving the fact that he called the twin twist based on a CROWN. That was so awesome!

hefgypsy   

Has anyone else noticed that besides imitating Dan the Man in the DR by S*C*R*E*A*M*I*N*G, he also is always supine. Next thing you know, he will be wearing the same bathing suit for the next 3 months. Oh wait...that's Austin's job.

Although he did say he would likely try to get Audrey out, I can't decide if it was stupid or brilliant of him to respond to Vanessa's "who would you put up" question by, first, naming the one of the houseguests who has been camping in her HoH room all week (Liz) and, then, saying he may have to pawn her (Vanessa) back. I think he may have even mentioned Austin. He intrigues me.

Kimmie   

I gotta say...he's become my lovable goof this season. Finally, someone to root for!

I took an immediate dislike to him because, after all, he's a dentist. But as the season goes on I'm liking more and more in spite of myself

I loved his explanation on the show of how he was so easily able to win the Dice Veto game. Stating that math was something he needed to master for dental school in a sarcastic manner clearly indicated to me that he has a superior grasp of the game of BB. He's nobody's fool, and the HGs who think he's merely capable of being a weekly pawn will soon find themselves out of the game. Shouty DRs and all, I kinda like this guy. And, like many others, that is the kiss of death.

JunkTV   

I think I'm jumping on the Johnny Mac train. It took a few weeks. Can't wait to see how he plays out a HOH reign.

John (aka Johnny Mac, the Rock Star Dentist).....

Yep, I'm done with him already.

When will I learn that the one who I detest during interviews will be the most enjoyable Hammie* of the season? IRL, my first impressions are spot-on. With the exception of Kaysar, I've never accurately picked my favorite Hammie from the pre-season interviews.

*current opinion subject to change - this assessment expires at 12:01am ET on Friday, July 24th.