Tsylyst

John McGuire – DR shouting taken to a new extreme

I really do like him. He says the most random, funny things, but then makes other comments (especially in the DR) that prove his head is still very much in the game. I just wish they would stop using him as the official BB17 pawn.

Tsylyst   

I swear the other night he said he pays $3000 month in student loan payments.

No wonder dentists charge so much.

That's exactly what he said, I recapped it. He just moved to a new dentistry office and didn't make big money last year because he only worked there for six months before the fiscal year was up. But this year, he's going to make bank because it's that amount times two for the full year.

I still want him off my TV/computer. Dude's mouth is like a black hole – no light will shine down into it. The only thing that escapes are the same gurgles an infant makes when mommy whips her nursers out.

krb428   

He was my favorite and my pick to win BB17 the day I saw his interview with Jeff—and for the first time ever, I didn't change my mind within the first few days. John strikes me as a really smart guy in terms of both IQ and EQ. It seems to me that being emotionally intelligent in this game is of prime importance.

Rachel was, of course, an outlier with regard to this theory. As were Dick, Mike Boogie, Adam, and well, there goes that theory.

In conclusion, John has my permission to win this year.

Shannon   

Except Rachel would have never, ever, won BB without that BS that FUG tossed in (which might have actually been for Jordan) that let an on the way out the door Rachel stay.

I'm still not sure what I think of John.

The only thing going against him at this point is that he has won so many challenges and been a pond so many time. If he was just a Victoria and went up week after week without winning a single thing, no one would see him as a threat. With him being outside of any of the major alliances and with Becky as his only real ally, he needs to hope that he wins enough challenges and the big groups start breaking up for him to win.

zclue   

John made me laugh tonight. His "that's just rude!" comment in the diary room was great.

Magpie   

He's my favorite as well. I'd have never guessed he'd be the one who cracks me up every show, but he does!

michal   

I agree! His quips are surprising and funny. I thought his voice would drive me nuts but it actually makes his jokes 10x funnier. He is my pick to win - weird!

I was coming over here to say I thought there was a genuine sweetness to him on the show tonight and find I am not alone in my emerging like for him. Argh. This does not bode well for him.

I found him obnoxious at first but he's quickly becoming my favorite too. He's very funny and I think his smarts are way ahead of the majority of the other hamsters. His quips are becoming priceless. He's my pick for most misleading character. I'd kinda like to know him.