Tsylyst

John McGuire – DR shouting taken to a new extreme

The scarier part? He's probably better know as the Conductor/narrator from the Thomas cartoons for most of them.

Shannon   

I find it sad that they know him as a guy who cussed a lot, damn Carlin was genius.

Holy crap, he's a spastic dork. Tonight's the first time I've really got to see the show this year and his DRs are hilariously bad. I didn't sign up for whatever I needed to see their pre show videos so this is my first real introduction to his camera personality.

wikiviki   

During the episode, that just aired, this is exactly what I was thinking, forever1267.

uaintjak   

I absolutely loathe DR screamers [it was the main reason I hated Dan (but not the only)] but for some reason this guy doesn't bother me so much yet. I figure his voice will change once they stop filming his DRs from the bathroom anyway.

Shannon   

I think part of it is that screamers, like Dan, have voices that carry, drilling right into your head. John's DRs are loud, and annoying, but his voice tends to fall flat in front of his face, so it doesn't travel to your drill-in-the-head zone.

Magpie   

He was still making me laugh for some reason during last night's show. I may have to start routing for him to win, but it's still too early to commit to that.

As we watched last night's show, I may have muttered to copsbrotherinlaw that I had really thought I'd hate him, but I think he's playing a good strategy in the house. Dorky misfit who lays low and has a completely different personality when he's among the other hamsters. It's like he's a character of his house-self when he's in the DR. Wondering which John is reality and which is the character.

I really wanted to hate him based on pre-house interviews, but I'm warming up to him.

ahab1013   

I'm okay with John, except that he is desperately in need of some sun. Unless of course that sort of thing makes him burst into flames, which then again might not be so bad.

Shannon   

That would put Ivette's grill blow out way down on the ladder. I mean to spontaneously combust in the sunlight, that's hard to beat. Usually only redheads can pull that off.

I still don't like John yelling at me in the DR. I should be used to it from 2 seasons of Dan, and that one season with the screaming chef.

But I'd still hit it.

ahab1013   

I just keep waiting for him to use a DR session to threaten He-Man and the castle Greyskull.

This one makes me laugh.

Can we keep him?

I swear the other night he said he pays $3000 month in student loan payments.

No wonder dentists charge so much.