Tsylyst

John McGuire – DR shouting taken to a new extreme

dana k   

I'm unclear about something.

Before POV, when Johnny Mac went to Liztin about a deal to throw the POV if they would vote for him to stay, did he also say he would then get rid of VanASSa for them? I think I remember reading that.

IF that part is true, it is interesting that when Liztin related this info back to VanASSa, they left out the part about JM proffering that he would get rid of VanASSa. That would be an interesting aside if true.

It wouldn't need to be said for Vanessa to get the drift, because targeting Vanessa is the only interpretation if you're making a deal with two people for F4 and there's only one other person left in F4. Seems like there's no alternate quid pro quo even possible in that "deal". If Liz omitted the info for some sneaky/strategic reason, she's an idiot. Oh, wait... that's right! She IS an idiot.

Edited by dana k

flydance   

I think he's got a decent case to make, but is unlikely to be able to articulate it without sounding like a goofball maniac.

I just totally cackled and woke up at least one family member when I read that. SO HILARIOUSLY TRUE.

I am really, really looking forward to finding out how much of it is an act.

Kaetra   

I am really, really looking forward to finding out how much of it is an act.

If he makes it to F2 his speech will be "yeah... Uhhhhh.. Vote for me if you feel like it .... I guess"

OR he will magically turn into The Most Interesting Man in the World and articulate a perfectly logical argument in a sexy British accent. My money is on the former.

Edited by Kaetra

Johnny Mac is the ONLY reason I watched this season. I loved him from day one. He is hilarious, love his laugh, love his game play, love everything about him. My family, friends, and co-workers ALL were pulling for Jmac. Actually, one of my co-workers liked Vanessa - go figure (she must be nuts). Other than that, he is EVERYONE'S FAVORITE PLAYER!!! He had better be in the next "ALL STAR" show. God bless, Johnny Mac. He is - and will always be - a winner in my eyes.

Tsylyst   

He is FAR from being my favorite player. Maybe my favorite DR SCREAMER of the season, but not favorite player. He sure as heck doesn't belong in an All-Stars season or any cast including veterans unless it's a cast full of people that sat around on their butts in their PJs all summer.

I am not pleased.

I miss him already. Worst Final 3 Ever.

Only enjoyment left for me is watching Johnny win America's Favorite.

I'd love to see him in an upcoming All-Stars season. To me, he deserves it...

He rocked those PJs all the way to final four.

I like him personality wise but, as a player, he barely did anything. Then again, he made it to final four so what do I know? If he made an all-star season, I wouldn't mind but it would be like if Donny made an All-Star season.

chrysana   

JM may have slept through much of the game; however he did make it to final 4. He may not have won HOHs but did win POVs. I think he played the best game he could considering the major power alliance in the house and summer campers. I wouldn't be upset if he returned for AllStars.

jerrye25   

I don't think All Star necessarily means give me people who were a bunch of great players.

I think it's a combination of different things similar to how you could say great BB strategy is winning comps, manipulating people or floating. There are a bunch of different strategies for it. Hell in the first All Stars half of BB6 made it and people like Howie sucked...but he was entertaining so he got on.

John was entertaining. He was funny, he won a bunch of vetos when he needed to and he was the only one who could really frazzle Vanessa while talking to her. I would love to see him back and I'd love to see Donny back too. He was fun too.

Edited by jerrye25

Kyara   

I'd be happy to see him in All Stars. I really enjoyed his unpredictability and his laid back attitude towards the game and Vanessa. I'd have preferred to see him in the final two though.

I wish Grodner would. I really wish she would..put 16 Johnny Macs in the house next year, to, you know, make America Happy. If they cannot find 16 of those, they can add Donny, Elissa, Zach BB16, Jeff Schroder and Enzo. A bunch of America's favorites for reasons that escape my simple mind. I would not watch for sure but I would really like to hear and read how people respond then. Other Fan Favs like Janelle and Will Kirby I get, but Johnny Mac and gang...

ff174   

if they put any combination of 16 Johnny Mac's, Donny's, Elissa's, Zach's and Enzo's, I would officially tender my resignation as a recapper.

Long post, sorry. In my opinion, I think John was a much much better Big Brother Houseguest than some give him credit for. Did he have flaws, yes. But he was far from another Victoria. My reasoning comes from taking a closer look at his time in the Big Brother house.

John was nominated for eviction the first four weeks (4 straight times). He was told he was a pawn, and sometimes asked to throw the Battle or the Block or Veto competition. His willingness demonstrated he was a great team player. Most of the time, he didn't appear to hold a grudge. His lack of an HoH win at least might be due to a natural desire to fade from the spotlight. Can anyone blame him for not wanting to be nominated again for a 5th time, especially before jury?

John did win 3 PoV competitions and a Battle of the Block, and clearly talked about others he threw on purpose. I actually find his view of competitions as insightful and wise. In fact, watching last night's episode, I was amazed to see he was willing to let Liz or Austin win the Veto. He set himself up to win, and then observed the others. He only went in for the win when it appeared Steve might win. This particular Veto, to me, sums up John's strategy for the whole summer.

As far as socially, he was a nice guy, and team player. But he was also isolated and not as outgoing or wild as some others. Some things didn't fit. James was the prankster. John wasn't going to sit in the closet, waiting to jump out at Julia or someone else. Austin was right to a point, he was a little boring for the live-feeders. Yet he wasn't standoff-ish. He played slingband, potball, and other things. He talked to people everywhere, inside and outside.

If anything, I'd say John was more mature than some of the others, and didn't quite fit in with frat boy antics. He always handled himself with class, and his DRs were fun to watch. If he were to return for another season, I don't see a reason anyone would target him. On the contrary, I believe anyone would be willing to work with John in a future season. The same cannot be said of too many others.

What I found so refreshing about JohnnyMac this season, and why I mentioned to MrCops last night that I'd be thrilled to have JohnnyMac back again every season, is that he was REAL in his DR sessions. Yes, he was REAL loud in the DR.....but he always gave the viewers his honest opinions. He certainly had his share of spoon-fed lines from the skippies, but his humor and honesty about how the house events went down was beyond refreshing. As a live-feed viewer over the years, there were seasons where I'd slack off on watching the show because there was nothing new being shown. JohnnyMac's DR sessions kept me actively watching the shows this season.

There's certainly a need for Kass/Grodner/Moonves/Stars/Moon/Planets to go old-school with their cast picks for future seasons - perhaps flip the recipe and start sprinkling in the recruits while retaining the base stock as true BB fans/applicants.