Tsylyst

John McGuire – DR shouting taken to a new extreme

I need to hear John's DRs. Did he really plan to throw the POV competition and put his fate in the hands of the people who nominated and evicted him the week after they formed an alliance? I hope he only said that in case he lost, but I do want to hear him say it.

Since he's explaining to Austin why he didn't throw it, he either genuinely trusts him or he feels it's in his best interest to stay on Austin's good side. For that reason, I predict he'll vote out Steve. I hope I'm wrong.

ETA: I'd like to give John more credit than to think he would do something so foolish, but you know...

Edited again because I never realized he was a super fan - I just watched the "meet the hamsters" video with Jeff for the first time. All along, I've thought he was a recruit who didn't know the game. Yay!

Edited by Iron Fortified Elli

liira   

When he came back in he was going after Meg. I don't expect much strategy. On the other hand I would love to be surprised.

uaintjak   

He's talking about voting to evict Steve to Vanessa, who wants Austin out, and he's been making nice and spilling info to Austin and Liz.

After an hour of Vanessa trying to steer him into the position that it's logical to evict Asstin, he concludes that he is going to evict Steve?

I get the feeling that, despite his calm demeanor in a situation that would have me shaking so badly that I couldn't talk, he doesn't trust Vanessa at all. He realizes that Vanessa could easily take any statement against Asstin and ruin any chance of security with Asstin.

He also spent the entire time feeding her paranoia about jury votes and building his case for why she should take to the end. Now she seems to think he could be the logical one to take to the F2.

The only thing that I never heard him say is that no one on the jury will give him the win because he was evicted and was just lucky to get a second chance.

I once thought that I'd never trust anyone as goofy as JM to work on my teeth, but anyone who is so calm under pressure can certainly be trusted to hold a drill!

angelmi   

I am so hoping that John is a total act, on finale night he does not yell or do that stupid laugh and he tells us it was totally an act, he came in and slept and did not make friends and never wanted HOH and only won vetoes when he was on the block just like Dan and Dr. Will and Derrick. I love the way Vanessa gets crazy when she can't control him like she does Steve and Austin.

jerrye25   

Maybe it's not an act...maybe he thinks voting out Steve is better for him.

It basically ties Vanessa to him for the final four week. He knows both of them have been working with AusTwin all year. But if it gets down to John, Vanessa, Austin and Liz, he knows Vanessa has to keep him or she's screwed. But he doesn't know what will happen if it's John, Vanessa, Steve and Austin. The three of them could gang up against him next week.

Maybe he sees it as his ticket to final three.

It kinda makes sense.

WHO?ME   

As jerrye25 said, it makes sense. With Steve out, Vanessa has to vote out Austin or Liz, most likely Austin at F4 if she is the one voting. Austin would vote out Vanessa and it's a 50-50 chance Liz would also. If Steve is F4 with Liz, and John, Vanessa takes out John or Steve. I say the odds are 40-60 she takes out John because she's thinking Steve would take her to the F2 before John would. And if Liz and Vanessa has a f2 deal with Austin gone she will want Liz to take John out because Steve would take Vanessa over Liz.. John maybe not

So Steve being out of the game keeps the target on Austin if Vanessa is the one voting in F4 and the target on Vanessa if Austin is voting on F4. So John has a 50% chance if Steve stays and a 75% chance of making F3 if Austin stays

Edited by WHO?ME

When he was in HOH last night with Vanassa and he was laying on the bed running F3-4 scenarios, there was a brief window where he went from goofy and braying doofus to this grown-ass adult with a regular voice and none of the affected nonsense. It only lasted a few seconds and then it was back to the guy we've been seeing all season. I'm convinced the persona that slipped out for a few seconds is the real John and he'd have been out of the house weeks ago if he'd been acting like an adult from the start.

I can't help but remember what his co-workers said early in the season... The guy they were seeing on the feeds and the show is nothing like the guy that they know from the office.

If you watch JM when he is relaxing in non-game situations, he doesn't seem as goofy either. He's likable, but not a buffoon.

Putting on an act for everyone would be a good explanation for how (or why) he seems to sleep so much. Putting on an act for seven hours would be a whole lot more possible than putting it on 17 hours per day every day. If you can stand the isolation, it would give you lots of time to dispense with the character.

chrysana   

Besides throwing comps...and targeting Meg (as was his plan if he re-entered the house)...I'd like to know his strategy. His DRs are amusing; but, I'd like him to fill us in on what he's really thinking aside from I threw that comp because I felt safe. Up until the last few days I would have bet money he'd keep Steve; but now, I'm not so sure.

Judging by what his friends/family/coworkers say I'm betting he can be articulate when he needs to be, at least that is my hope. I believe he can win the game; however, he'll need to be able to be coherent so the jury understands his strategy. Judging by his exit interview with Julie I have my doubts.

hefgypsy   

I'm unclear about something.

Before POV, when Johnny Mac went to Liztin about a deal to throw the POV if they would vote for him to stay, did he also say he would then get rid of VanASSa for them? I think I remember reading that.

IF that part is true, it is interesting that when Liztin related this info back to VanASSa, they left out the part about JM proffering that he would get rid of VanASSa. That would be an interesting aside if true.

Jade   

He's been pretending to throw competitions all season. His level of effort in the veto seems to directly relate to how safe he feels at that particular moment in time. Though, sometimes he seems to be randomly reckless. (I'm sure he's sick of being in there.) I don't really think he had any intention of throwing it. If he lost, I think he was going to say he threw it... as a last ditch effort to try and make a deal.

Also, last night, he pretended not to know the definition of a fairly simple word. Then, he did that goofy laugh. I think that goofy laugh is something he throws out there when someone like Vanessa looks like she might be doubting him. ...sort of like a distraction technique.