Tsylyst

John McGuire – DR shouting taken to a new extreme

Johnny Mac in the DR doing his twins HOH impression was all sorts of awesome. As was his face in the HOH listening to them.

MrsGryn   

That was pretty great. Just watching them fall all over Steve and still managing to keep a straight face was priceless.

angelmi   

I am glad Steve told him they could hear him outside the DR, wonder if he stops yelling now.

Tsylyst   

Interesting fact John can bring up if he makes it to Final Two.

BigBrotherLeak @BigBrotherLeak

Johnny Mac has now won four PoV's, which puts him in second place (with James Rhine/Shane Meaney) for most PoV wins in a single season #BB17

Of course, that would be just about the only thing he could say in his favor.

Magpie   

He wins when he has to, and it's interesting that I read comments on other sites claiming he's never won anything.

He's thrown so much, I wouldn't say he's not playing hard. If he had won all he was capable of, he would have been booted weeks ago.

dana k   

I think he's got a decent case to make, but is unlikely to be able to articulate it without sounding like a goofball maniac. Points I'd hit if I were him:

1. Anybody who's made it to the end without a single solid alliance has done something right. He's been expendable from day one, which gives him an underdog status the remaining HGs can't claim. Though Vanessa can claim that people hated her and wanted her out and she managed to stay anyway, that makes her a semi-underdog, but not a real one. JM is a total underdog... and not in the pathetic way Victoria was an underdog. He wasn't dragged to the end by savvy cynics.

2. Whoever he's sitting next to got farther with his help, considering the number of times he was pawned, threw comps, and otherwise played ball with the power group. Not sure how many times he's been nominated, but I'd use that as a plus in my argument.

3. He was evicted, fought his way back, and remains in the house... despite the unanimous agreement to immediately evict whichever juror came back.

4. To quote Magpie, "He wins when he has to". That is not nothing! Nor is four Veto wins (thus far) nothing!

5. He switched gears seamlessly when his targeted "enemy" Vanessa would make a useful ally for both their sakes, which is an impressive example of not playing emotionally. Then he did a great job of hiding their alliance, which was also a good move.

6. Every time he was a logical target, he managed to seem so blasé and harmless that the urgency of getting him out evaporated.

Yes, he's been lucky in some respects to get this far, but he has also earned his spot with a few clever decisions that allowed him to blend into the wallpaper when the torches and pitchforks were heading his way. His sheer boringness has been a good game move with this group. Then win when you have to. He may not have the strongest case, but if I were him, I would definitely make myself sound worthy by pointing out how often and effectively I shifted gears in the most productive way possible for my "under the radar" game.

hefgypsy   

If I were him, I would vote the opposite of whoever the other person off the block votes for just to piss VanASSa off and make her get more 'blood on her hands' by having to break the tie. Plus, it would probably make her head explode which I would totally enjoy watching.

OR

I would make a deal with VanASSa that I will vote the way she wants me to if she helps me write my Final 2 speech. Hahahahaha.

Doing my happy dance!! Woooo Hooooo!!

Just like in 'The Tortoise and the Hare' .....Slow and steady wins the race.

Keep it up Johnny! You deserve this...GO FOR IT!

MrsGryn   

He has also played the nice guy game, and in BB being likable is an asset at the end with the jury. Survivors will often vote for the best player of the game of Survivors. Hamsters want to vote for someone they like and I think that will be particularly strong with this jury. John has the likability factor in spades.

jerrye25   

I have this fear that John will just vote out Steve.

Maybe he will go to Vanessa and say...okay, I'll vote out Steve and the two of us can team up against Austin and Liz. Only John can play HOH next week and possibly both of them in Veto, they agree to protect each other and get to three, then agree to take each other to two.

It's a risk...but I think it's time to break up Liz/Austin (just like I think it's been time to get rid of them for weeks) and they never do it and I fear it will happen again.

Especially if he's against Vanessa in the end. No one has ever DRd they really like her. Are afraid of her, yes, like her, no.