Tsylyst

Big Brother 17 – Preshow Discussion

Pushplay   

Aw, I'm Canadian. No more recapping for me, I guess. But I'm happy about reading y'all's recaps! Will BBAD still be shown on Canadian TV?

Edited by Pushplay

gforce   

After Dark has typically been on the Slice channel (owned by Global, who carries the main show) but no schedule is on Global's web site yet. I don't see why it would be any different this year though.

I was just coming here to ask that question. Pop is Channel 803 on Charter here in Los Angeles. They're the ones with the reruns of the network soaps, plus TV Drama classics like Beverly Hills 90210, J A G and Dynasty.

Tsylyst   

The BB17 finale is officially Sept. 23, following the 90-minute Survivor premiere.

ETA: That's one day shy of three months, or 92 days of BB17 (plus an extra week or so for the hamsters).

ff174   

Steaming Pile of Poo

That is what I think of this list of the top 25 favorite hammies of all time.

Janelle at number 13 behind the likes of Danielle Donato, Diane Henry, Donny the Good, Drew the Girlfriend Beater, RW James and Frank is laughable. The Skippys must be loading up on the bong a little earlier than usual.

Marcellus at 19? They must be snorting coke, as well.

Avert your eyes at #21!!!!

Rachel at #23 ... except at the time of this post, they had her name as Linda Donahue.

They have that cowboy from Dan's first season with Memphis' name attached.

Guess they ended up mainlining.

Magpie   

That warning about #21 was not nearly stern enough, ff. I looked. *cries*

Tsylyst   

I'm wondering exactly what FUG has up her sleeves this year. According to everything I've seen on other BB sites and social media, there was no Media Day like past seasons where journalists and bloggers go into the house and play the game for a day, take pictures to post online, etc.

Also, Julie Chen posted on Twitter that she wasn't sure if "The Talk" was going to get to do a show inside the house like it has the past few seasons to promote the new season. Usually CBS at the very least posts a House Tour video and photos with Julie a few days before the cast is revealed (which is less than a week away now).

So...what is FUG hiding? Is the design of the house somehow a clue to the twist that she doesn't want leaked? Are they just behind schedule getting the house finished? Has the show gotten so popular that TPTB don't think it needs that kind of promotion? Is it an All-Star/veterans season and the whole cast isn't in sequester yet so she doesn't want any details out there?

There's a new promo promising New Houseguests so we're talking at least a half new season then. Most likely, sequesters have are started already so we can play the fun game of seeing what former houseguests have dropped off the face of the Earth before finding out it's a house full of new idiots. Still, it is curious that we have no media day or house tour so there has to be some crazy twist just in the housing.

ff174   

It's because FUG is evil. Evil, I tell you.

She probably forgot to do the basics because she has been spending hours on the phone trying to convince Jessie to come back on the show.

But, seriously, I miss the old days where there were leaks about twists and houseguests. I used to enjoy the two weeks leading up the start of the feeds because of the endless speculation on the interwebs. Now, they have tightened up all the leaks and we are left with nothing.

Because, as I already said, FUG is evil.

Evil, I tell you.

uaintjak   

She's probably using this time to uncover the horrible pasts of the people she cast this season on Big Brother: Cops vs Black People and a Token Gay.

ff174   

I was going to wait until after FFF's chat to purchase the feeds; on general principles.

Now, the little shit's chat has been moved to the 19th, so I am good to go.

I am guessing that he wanted to wait an extra week for a family member to croak. That way, he could memorialize their death during his chat.

ff174   

So, here is the sitch.

Julie Chen is releasing pages of BB17's script, page by page. She started with the cover of the binder and has since released the first two pages.

Here is a link to her Instagram page.

Linky

I am skeptical. She's a 'bot, and we all know her dialogue is preloaded into her memory before each show.

Edited by ff174

Tsylyst   

Some interesting things in that first page of the script, both the word "marathon" and the phrase "ride of your life" stand out of me as racing terms. I have no idea how a motor race would be worked into the show as a house theme or twist, but it does raise questions.

ETA: There have been much stranger themes for house decor than a racetrack.

ff174, you said you missed leaks and rumors. This person's Twitter page (they have 356 followers) is filled with a list of the new houseguests:

https://twitter.com/BB17Leaks

It also mentions a new twist:

And the main twist this season will be dubbed "Targets". When the HGs enter they will each be secretly assigned a target. If the HG is HoH and they get their target evicted they will get a golden key and will be immune until the Final 11.

Robyn Kass ‏@Kassting
@patschampions wow, those people look great.... I mean, none of them are BB HGs, but seems like a fun group!
Edited by goobie