Jelani and Jenny – Blind Date Couple

Tsylyst   

jelanijenny_zps87a9b85c.jpg

Photo from CBS.com

Name: Jelani Roy
Hometown: New York, NY
Relationship Status: Single

Current occupation: Lawyer

Describe what you do: I currently have an equity interest in an internet startup where I negotiate deals with Fortune 500 companies. I’m also a sports agent.

Three words to describe you: Loyal, intelligent and fun.

Favorite hobbies: Playing/watching sports, cooking and bar hopping.

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Passing the New York bar exam the first time I took it.

What scares you most about traveling? Nothing

What excites you most about traveling? Seeing new places and interacting with the people from there.

How many serious relationships have you been in? Three serious relationships.

What are your deal-breakers in a relationship? They have to be compassionate.

What are the top three qualities you are looking for in a mate? Pretty, laid back and fun.

What are three turn-offs or pet peeves in a mate? Smokers (but learn to tolerate it), being mean and high maintenance.

Who is your celebrity crush? Emilia Clarke (Khaleesi from “Game of Thrones”).

What famous person reminds you of yourself? I get Taye Diggs a lot.

What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Antarctica, because it one of the few remaining mostly untouched places on earth.

Name: Jenny Wu

Hometown: Los Angeles

Relationship Status: Single

Current occupation: Blogger/lawyer

Describe what you do: As a blogger, I create content via my blog and other media platforms and work with fashion and beauty companies on digital collaboration and campaigns. As a lawyer, I’m creative, resourceful, observant, analytical and take calculated risks.

Three words to describe you: Feisty, bubbly and adventurous.

Favorite hobbies: Photography, attending music festivals and hiking.

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Coming to terms with who I am and what I want in life while letting go of my fear of being alone.

What scares you most about traveling? The one thing that scares me about traveling is not knowing if the next bathroom will just be a hole in the ground.

What excites you most about traveling? Getting lost and finding my way back.

How many serious relationships have you been in? Only one! I dated my high school sweetheart for 10 years before getting married. We recently got a divorce.

What are your deal-breakers in a relationship? Selfishness, laziness, settling for the status quo and aversion to desserts.

What are the top three qualities you are looking for in a mate? Excellent banter skills, quick wit and a striking resemblance to Leonardo DiCaprio.

What are three turn-offs or pet peeves in a mate? The losing trifecta is someone who doesn't have anything interesting to say, but can't stop talking about himself, and is devoid of any unique perspective.

Who is your celebrity crush? Leonardo DiCaprio.

What famous person reminds you of yourself? Norma Jean Baker.

What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Turks and Caicos, because I want to catch lobsters with my bare hands.

Shannon   

Bubble bubble, toil and trouble. I got nothing, they seem normal, except she reminds herself of a very sad, abused, lonely, young Marilyn Monroe?

ff174   

What excites you most about traveling? Getting lost and finding my way back.

First out.

You, sir, are no Taye Diggs.

What are three turn-offs or pet peeves in a mate? Smokers (but learn to tolerate it), being mean and high maintenance.

Then it's really not a pet peeve, right? You either don't mind that someone smokes or you can't stand it. There's really no middle ground on this issue, is there?

Something tells me Jenny Wu will be the alpha in this couple.

ff174   

She's Bitchface, v2.0.

He ain't a prize, either.

Edited by ff174

Man, she went full on bitch last night. I'm not sure what he did that was so wrong, not sure he knew either, but she certainly was making him miserable for it.

MrsGryn   

I don't disagree with her stance that it's a race and knowing you cannot be another team in a footrace, you take advantages when you can. She was pretty much a harpy this whole race, though, and her sourpuss expression does not help.

Tsylyst   

But he had a point, too. Being helpful this early could come back to benefit you a leg or two down the line if the Lawyers needed help. They knew that NewKid was hours behind them because she said as much while waiting at the Road Block, so even if there was a footrace to the mat, both teams would have been safe.

Did anyone else want to reach though the TV screen and strangle her if she said, "Hurry, hurry, hurry!" one more time, when he had just started building the straw hut, as much as I did?

I know there have been many others like that on the race before; I guess it just annoyed me more because she's perpetuating her own stereotype.

MrsGryn   

I actually find them more dysfunctional than #MedicalWaste, Blair and Hayley. Jelani seems to passive-aggressive and Jenny just seems aggressive.

Now that you point it out, they are more dysfunctional than #MedicalWaste. Blair at least tries… these two have just completely shut down as a team.

ff174   

Getting into the hot tub with a robe? What the hell was that all about? She must have been exceedingly uncomfortable the minute she stepped out of the hot tub.

They seem to be going through the motions.

MrsGryn   

The robe thing cracked me up! Like, being in a soaking wet robe was better than being in your underwear?